Please help - Need advice on next steps - timeline provided on our I-485 AOS journey

Tim21881

Hello!

Here is my timeline.

For background, I married my now husband July 16th, 2017 (

My I-485 application for adjustment of status was received by the USCIS Vermont Service Center on August 4th, 2017 – Receipt Number MSC1791668643. On August 29th, 2017 I had my fingerprints taken in Los Angeles where I reside.

On September 28th, 2018 we had our interview at the LA Field Office. During my interview I and my husband Timothy Ross truthfully answered all questions asked. Mr. Hassan Johnson ---examined our file and approved us based on an updated I-693, which we provided on 3 separate occasions, and has since been confirmed as added to our file.

On May 20th, 2019 we contacted our Congressman regarding assistance with our case, as we had not heard anything for months.

On June 20th, 2019 our then lawyer contacted the Vermont Service Center regarding this matter, with no response.

On November 1st, 2019, we received notice that our case had been transferred to the National Benefits Center for quick processing.

On December 27th, 2019 NBC confirmed that they received our file.
3/5/20 - From Congressman via USCIS Liaison. NBC confirms that the application is facing some adjudication delays because of unresolved issues they are unable to elaborate on. They are also unable to determine when the review process will be completed, but our office will continue to monitor the status of the applications and follow up regularly for updates.

(We believe these “adjucation delays” and the fact that we can’t get any information are due to the U-Visa still being in process.)

On March 17th of 2020 I wrote to the National Benefits Center for an update on my case and received no response.

On April 29th and May 30th of 2020 I sent an inquiry as our case was outside of normal processing times, and got no answer.

On June 17th of 2020 (and on several other occasions) I called USCIS and was told that I could not obtain any information regarding my case and to write the VAWA unit for more information.

On July 15th I sent a Notice of Intention to File for a Writ of Mandamus and Declaratory Judgment with the U.S. District Court in the event a fair and prompt decision (including any and all formalities associated with such decision), has not been made and communicated to me by the end of the business day on August 31st, 2020. This was sent to USCIS, USCIS Vermont Service Center, the local Los Angeles Field Office, and DHS.

On August 28th I wrote a letter stating that I would like to withdraw my U-Visa application along with this lengthy timeline as we cannot get any information since it is blocking anything relating any kind of information that USCIS could possibly give us.

What are my choices now???? Directly sue?

We are losing hope..

Thank you!