PLEASE HELP. My wife's I-485 was denied.

QueensNY

Please anybody

Due to no fault on our own, On January 23 of 2015, USCIS requested that her and I appear for an interview about our application for form I-485 in 27-35 Jackson Ave. USCIS 2nd floor, Long Island City NY 11101. On the day of the arrival, as we approach the building, we noticed that the building was closed due to a flood. We was puzzled as to what would should do next, because the sign that was posted outside for Interview dates did not have our interview date. At the same time and date, I had called USCIS to speak to them about my situation. One of the officers on the phone told me I can either try to make it to Federal Plaza, which is were everyone is being routed to, or she would take note, and just reschedule us for another interview. I opted for a 2nd interview, because 2 days before our interview, my wife was hospitalized. I knew this was an important day, but giving that we were in Queens, NY, and Federal Building was One hour and Half away, I didn’t want to jeopardize my wife’s health, because Two days prior to our initial interview she was hospitalized, and went through blood transfusion due to her hemoglobin level being so relatively low, that it was life threatening. With the advice of the Doctors, they did not want to discharge her yet, because her hemoglobin level was still at 8.5 after the blood transfusion, but I explained to them that in 2 days we have an important interview, so they understood, and discharged her so she can rest at home, and continue medications there. The immigration officer on the phone understood my situation, and notified me that they will reschedule my wife and I for another interview.

Months go by, and we still haven’t received another letter for another an interview. We called so many times, and we have service request number to back up our claim. On June 23, we received a letter saying our form I-485 has been denied. We are shocked as to why this happened. We have tried everything to have another rescheduled interview, but we never received any. On June 29, I spoke to officer Chambers in Los Angeles Field Office, and explained my situation again, and advice me to write a letter explaining everything, and to send over any evidence that I have to back up my claim. I did as I was told, and still haven't heard anything back yet. I know that it has been more than 33 days and I know that I was suppose to file a I-290b or something to reopen my case. But I was told that wouldn't really be necessary because this wasn't our fault.

Please can anyone shed light as to what I should do next. I also scheduled for an appointment to meet with an immigration officer for September 10. So please anyone. I will post the sign that was outside of the building. Thank youimage.jpg