Please help: My GC approved, wife's still pending, anyone in similar state???

gcbear

Registered Users (C)
Hey Guys,

I applied for my 140 and 485 concurrently and my notice date is 9/02/03 and my 485 just got approved this morning. My wife who applied along with me has not even got her finger print notice yet. Is this normal? She called the VSC and they said she could not start a status inquiry cos the processing date is dec 2002. I'm very concerned about this and donno what to do. IS anyone in a similar state and if yes what did you do?

please help

gcbear

I've read of others in the same state. Honestly I would not worry about it too much for a while. Make sure that you check her status online, to see if any RFEs are sent out, and that they have your correct address, etc. but otherwise sit tight.

Similar situation but CSC

I am in a similar situation, filed concurrently for 140, 485, ead and AP - both me and spouse - in CSC.
EADs and APs were approved at the same time in Aug.
We got FP notices and got FP done together. Online status only changed for my 485 case - not spouse
I got my 140 and 485 approval emails on Sept 14th. My wife got another FP notice, this time with a new A# on same day.
My status is now 'card ordered...' while my wife's still says ' Your case was recd ....and taking us 660 days to process'. Her LUD changed once after she went for 2nd FP on Sept 22.

Keeping fingers crossed - can't do much.

FB