[PLEASE HELP] My dependents' Visa changed from TD to B2

dhna1217

Hi guys,

Please help me! I don't know what to do now.

I'm currently on TN-1 (Canadian) working in US. When I first moved to US with my wife and son in March 2016, they were admitted with TD (They are both Canadian). My wife and son visited Canada for a week in October 2016 and came back. I didn't really check their status back then. Now I tried to get my wife and son's I-94 record on the website, it says their class of admission is B2!! I have no idea why this happened? And now their Admit Until Date is set to April 21, 2017. Do any of you know why this might have happened? and what should I do to correct this? I can't find a single case like this on the web. Any help would be appreciated.

I tried calling CBP but obviously they're busy now with Trump's order....

worry not ... its possible that when the CBP officer asked them the purpose of their trip, the nature of the responses resulted in the officer concluding that they are requesting B2 status. Simply go to the nearest CBP office and request them to correct the record.

Good luck

Thank you so much for your reply! I will run to CBP now. Thanks again!

No need to "run". They are in status until april in any event, and if they are leaving US in the next 2 months they can simply enter on TD at that time. Call ahead for an appointment at the nearest office -- that does these. (not all offices do)