Please Help Me(emergency Ap)

My I-131 got approved last night ..thanks for all the help ..
I just faxed a personal letter stating my mom's condition ,a hospital letter and receipts for my I-131 ,faxed on 27th and got the answer on 3rd .You can calculate the total time excluding holidays and weekends .Afterall USCIS is not that bad atleast in case of real emergency .

Im just praying that after my statment hopefully people will use this information only in emergency cases,cuz if USCIS people will get bombarded with non-emergency letters this mean of help would not stay for long.

Last edited by a moderator:
mani_007 said:
Please help me out

My mother is in very critical condition.I have already applied for advance parole in Nov ,but now i want to go in couple of days What are my options.
What I gather from this forum that I need some doctors document showing that my mother is in critical condition and a attested letter bout her health to get an emergency parole ,
If i have a choice what other documents should I take at infopass appointment

or i have no choice atall :(
mani_007,

I know exactly what you are going through. I have been throught a similar situation until yesterday !! Here is my story :

We (me and my wife) applied for AP in Nov at the VSC. My father in law's conditioned worsened and now is living on a day to day basis. So at first we applied for emergency AP throught the emergency fax # for the VSC which is supposed to be for these kind of reasons. According to uscis's national service center, the center director makes a decision within 72 hours of your fax. The documents I faxed were I-485 receipt, I-131 receipt and most important of all a letter from the doctor in India explaining how critical the patient's condition is. In fact in our letter the doctor specifically mentioned that ' this could be considered as a last wish of the patient'. We did get a reply back within 72 hours signed byt the acting director of the VSC. The fax stated that 'the matter was reviewed and a determination was made that it does not meet the criteria for special handling. The petition/application will be processed within normal processing time here at the center' .
Needless to say my wife was devastated. If this is not a life and death situation then what is ???? :mad:
So finally we went to Hartford office yeaterday since I am a resident of CT to apply for emergency. Since we went in as a walkin without an infopass appointment we had to wait for almost 7 hours before they called us to the window. If you go in as an emergency they will not call you only after all the people having an infopass appointment for that day are done. In my case there were about 80 appointments that day so we had to wait until all were done !! Finally at @ 5PM my wife got an emergency AP.
Just so you know if you apply for emergency at the field office they treat it as a new application so you have to fill a new I-131 form for with the $170 fee and 2 photographs again. Also you have to carry I-485 receipt, I-131 receipt and DOCTOR's LETTER in addition to passport (they might ask)...I would say carry damn everything !! dont leave anything to chance. Also since they charge you the whole amount again your existing AP application at the service center will still be processed and that one will be for 1 year.
By the way last week I have also sent a long letter to the Senator from CT state regarding the inhumane response I received from VSC. Not sure if anything changes but I had to vent my frustration on someone :mad:

So wish you all the best and go to your local field office without wasting any time. Let us know how it goes. Your mother will be in our prayers.

Emergency AP

Hello Gurus,
I think I am lucky I found this thread. I am in the same situation as Mani. My Father is in critical condition. I need to go to India immediately. I saw this thread and talked to my father's doctor. He said he can send me/ fax me the letter. But he wants to know the format in which he want to type the letter. Can anyone give me a format, or should the doctor send the entire patient history. Can this be a faxed copy or should I have an original letter from Hospital. I am thinking of getting a fax copy and getting the original by courier later. I have already applied for Adv Parole and Receipt date is 21,Dec,2006 in NSC thinking of a vacation in May/June,2007. But, now the situation is emergency.
Anyhelp is appreciated. Urgent.
Thank you in advance,
Gulls

Last edited by a moderator: