Please help......J1 visa waiver

Helppleaseasap

Hi,
Can anyone please advise on what i should enter when filling out the J1 "no objection" form waiver on the US state department website...the page that asks to explain..... *Is there any period of time in the U.S. that is not covered by DS-2019 or IAP-66 formWhat does this statement mean? I (regrettably**) overstayed my J1 visa, married to a us citizen, and my program was not government funded in any way. any help will be highly appreciated....Thanks.

That means they are asking you that u stayed over your permission to stay or work.I mean, if your permission is 30 days, did u stay over 30 days by illegal.they re asking you, did u stay illegal.And Now, can you help me about my waive question.What did u write about ur reason to apply visa waive? I could not find any reason that already accepted by US. goverment when other people applied for that.

"Is there any period of time in the U.S. that is not covered by DS-2019 or IAP-66 form?"

My interpretation is that they want to know if you have entered the US on other visa classes (for example, B1/B2, F1, etc.).
If you overstayed your J1, I recommend you consulting a lawyer. Your case is more delicate than others'.

@Ficke
http://hlplab.wordpress.com/2009/04...of-the-j1-visa-foreign-residence-requirement/
I'm sure you can find more samples from Google. Be honest. Good luck.

Ficke,
I just kept it short by saying it was a no objectiont since my countrys embassy and program sponsor have given a no objection go ahead.

That means they are asking you that u stayed over your permission to stay or work.I mean, if your permission is 30 days, did u stay over 30 days by illegal.they re asking you, did u stay illegal.And Now, can you help me about my waive question.What did u write about ur reason to apply visa waive? I could not find any reason that already accepted by US. goverment when other people applied for that.

Ficke,
I just kept it short by saying it was a no objectiont since my countrys embassy and program sponsor have given a no objection go ahead.

The no objection letter from your country and the agreement of your sponsor are parts and required documents in your waiver application. Those are not the only points and if you have them every thing else will be forgivven for example. To have your application approved you need to have continous sponsorship with no illegal stay inbetween other than the grace perioid known (1 month) and in good standing. marriage to US citizen by itself is not an excuse for illegal stay even if you have no objection letter fom your country.

Hi all again,
I was in US with wat program and now with internship.Do I need to send my work and travel DS form too?if I need, it was 2 years ago I have been with wat program and I did not save my WAT DS form.that will be big problem for me.On waive form, they want all DS forms but I think they mean, if you apply for with ur spouse, u will need to send two both's DS form.Am I right ?

Hi all again,
I was in US with wat program and now with internship.Do I need to send my work and travel DS form too?if I need, it was 2 years ago I have been with wat program and I did not save my WAT DS form.that will be big problem for me.On waive form, they want all DS forms but I think they mean, if you apply for with ur spouse, u will need to send two both's DS form.Am I right ?

They need ALL of your previous DS-2019's. You have to declare all of them in the waiver application form (DS-3035) to clear all the 2-year rule. I have held three J1's (thus three DS-2019), and they need them all.

My lawyers from the place I did internships advised me to carry all DS-2019's at all times when crossing the US border regardless of the visa class of entry. If you have lost your DS-2019, you may be able to contact your sponsor to reproduce one.

On the other notes, if your spouse has held J1 (not J2) visas, he/she will have to make a separate waiver application.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can I find my work and travel DS Form ? I have been in the US two years ago with work and travel program.And also I got 2 year rule with my internship program.I did not save my work and travel program DS form.I dont understand why I always have a problem...

How can I find my work and travel DS Form ? I have been in the US two years ago with work and travel program.And also I got 2 year rule with my internship program.I did not save my work and travel program DS form.I dont understand why I always have a problem...

Do you still have the visa stamp from that J1 visa? The stamp should say the SEVIS number (N-number) and the program number (P-number).
I'm not sure how, but you could try to find a contact for your program number (probably through the Dept of State). Each program usually has a responsible officer.

I have my old visa on my passport.u ment, I need to contact with deparment of state and let them know about what I want and my these numbers? one more question. why do they need my previous DS forms? cuz my 2 year rule is on my internship Ds.

I have my old visa on my passport.u ment, I need to contact with deparment of state and let them know about what I want and my these numbers? one more question. why do they need my previous DS forms? cuz my 2 year rule is on my internship Ds.

If you don't have the 2-year rule on that DS-2019 (i.e. the first box is checked), I am not sure if you need to include it. Perhaps, others can answer this question.
If it indicates that you are subject, then you need to include it. Per http://travel.state.gov/pdf/J_WaiverFAQ21-DEC-06.pdf, the responsible officer of the program should be able to reproduce it.

first j1 ds was for 3 months.it was work and travel program.I believe ,nobody gets 2 year rule by work and travel program and I am positive, it was not checked on my work and travel program DS by 2 year rule.what about ur previous work and travel program DS's. it was checked by 2 year rule? I dont know about Indian DS forms.I know a mail adress thats for F-M-J kindas visas to ask question.I asked my question but they could not explain everything.Mail address is fmjvisas@state.com if anybody needs help , u can ask to that mail address. I really am in trouble.I dont know what I can do but know I really need help.

first j1 ds was for 3 months.it was work and travel program.I believe ,nobody gets 2 year rule by work and travel program and I am positive, it was not checked on my work and travel program DS by 2 year rule.what about ur previous work and travel program DS's. it was checked by 2 year rule? I dont know about Indian DS forms.I know a mail adress thats for F-M-J kindas visas to ask question.I asked my question but they could not explain everything.Mail address is fmjvisas@state.com if anybody needs help , u can ask to that mail address. I really am in trouble.I dont know what I can do but know I really need help.

I have never been on a work/travel J1. I only held three J1 internship visas (4 months each).
If you are not subject, I believe it should say on the visa stamp in your passport as well.

Listen my friend. my work and travel visa says I am not subject 2 years and my work and travel DS said I am not subject either but my intern visa says I am not subject 2 years but my intern ds says I am SUBJECT to 2 year. I understand nothing.its very comlicated.

and also they wanted you to keep your all ds forms cuz all your ds forms were only for 1 internship.thats why. but I only have 1 ds for 12 months.

Listen my friend. my work and travel visa says I am not subject 2 years and my work and travel DS said I am not subject either but my intern visa says I am not subject 2 years but my intern ds says I am SUBJECT to 2 year. I understand nothing.its very comlicated.

Oops. See below

In your DS-2019, if the first box (around bottom left of the page) is checked, that means you are not subject to the 2-year rule. That means you do NOT have to do any of this waiver crap.

my wat ds was not checked by 2 year rule but my internship ds is checked by 2 year rule.that means, I will only send my internship ds.you sent all of your DSs cuz your all DS was checked.because all of them was for internship.

does anybody have an idea about me ? my work and travel DS was not checked by 2 year requirement but intern is checked.Do I need to find my work and travel DS and send it with intern DS to ?

does anybody have an idea about me ? my work and travel DS was not checked by 2 year requirement but intern is checked.Do I need to find my work and travel DS and send it with intern DS to ?

hi ficke,

my understanding is that they want to know about your J1 history, so I interpreted that you need to send them all. At least, that was my first impression when I read the instructions to apply. But I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know for sure.

It seems like you'll need more solid information to pursue this waiver, because you have multiple questions. So why don't you hire a reliable attorney and/or ask for Advisory Opinion? I've heard that some attorneys will give you a 30 min appointment for free. Make sure you get a reliable professional - this forum is full of people that hired attorneys, so you could try to get in contact with them.

Good luck.