Please Help - if current EAD expire before renewal get approved

FL4083

Registered Users (C)
My EAD renewal recieve date is 01/12. My current EAD will expire on 03/20. I was told that i can only apply for interm EAD at local office after 90 days from the receipt date. So If i don't recieve the approval by expiration date, can i still work during 03/20 to 04/12?

Thanks for any help!

If your company follows the rules they will not allow you to work during that time period. Perhaps you can plan for a non-paid vacation during that time. Who knows you might get lucky and TSC might approve you quicker. Good luck.

It is better to take unpaid vacation in case if your EAD not come...

Hope you will receive soon....All the Best

BaSh:cool:

It really should not be a issue if your company is not very perticular about EAD to be renewed.

Other option could be you can work but get paid for that time period after you get your EAD, or, take a vacation.

How about spouse, if she is working and did't get her EAD in time. My wife is working as independent contractor on 1099. Will she be affected ?

Yes Sir,

If you don't have legal document for that period you/spouse are not suppose to work.Even if you work that duration make it compensensated in the next pay roll or take the Timesheet as you are done overtime in the next week or subsequent weeks.

Don't take a chance to put the time sheet on that week. Ask your manager she/he can allow all your time logs can be put overtime in the next timesheet, if they allowed you can work.

BaSh.

Thank you for all your input!

If HR doesn't notice this or doesn't have knowledge of the law, can i keep working and pretend nothing happen? Any impact to my green card status?

Can she show any business expenses during the wait time of hers EAD? Otherwise I have to show her business expense on my business. She is a realtor and I am mortgage broker. I also put 40 hrs for my present employer as Software Programmer and my EAD is current.