Please Help!!! Canadian citizenship in physical absence???

tail_monkey

Hi all, I have found this forum extremely helpful and encouraging. I have a big problem, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASE if anyone can give some advice, I would be much indebted.

I became landed immigrant in canada in sept 2001, along with my family (father mother, and siblings). I left after a week whereas all my family stayed in Canada. I left to finish my studies there and was on Returning resident permit till nov 2002 when I returned to Canada after my graduation, to canada.Then I lived in canada till January 2004 (so i have 16 months of physical presence in canada and one year on RRp). After January 2004, I came to USA on H1b visa but the purpose is postgraduate education (I can get proof that I am in usa for three years maximum and am pursuing postgraduate research training). For postgraduate education, there is no F visa, so I had to take either J or H. Now my whole family is applying for canadian citizenship this sept,2004 (my parents and siblings have physcially lived three years continuously this sept, 2004). I am single, 25, no spouse, no dependents, so my immediate family, that is parents and siblings will all be canadian citizens. I have bank account, health card in canada. Don't have any property in either canada or USA but my permanent residence on each form is my parents house in canada.

Now on citizenship form it says that even if days are less than 1095, the person may apply and its upto judge to decide. How far is that true and does anyone has experience of being granted ciitzenship under such circumstances. Also, I have been very honest since day one, and for myPR application also stated everything honestly, meaning all trips outside canada very honestly.

Any light or positive similar experience will be very much welcome.
Thanks,
Regards,
Saima Waheed