1. The forums will be down July 21 weekend due to server being moved by our host. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks.
    Dismiss Notice

Please critique profile for EB1b

Discussion in 'National Interest Waiver and EB1' started by Sid1753, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Sid1753

Sid1753 New Member

Hello,
    After considerable deliberation, I have decided to apply for my green card. I work as a senior scientist in a reputed chemical firm with close to 15,000 employees. I have a PhD in quantum chemistry from one of the top schools in the USA and make a six figure salary. The specifics of my application are as follows:

1) 7 years of work experience - 4 years in academia (researcher during Phd) and 3 years in industry post PhD
    2) 6 journal articles published, 2 in the process of submission, one article tagged as most cited article of 2015 in its corresponding journal
    3) Approximately 100 citations - mostly in China and Europe
    4) 7 invited talks in conferences with 2 travel awards
    5) 5 journal article reviews - 3 papers from Europe, 1 from China and 1 from USA

My lawyer requested all the information provided above and is of the opinion we can proceed with the filing. I mentioned that I can provide several recommendation letters, mostly from senior level executives and big professors from EU and China and a CEO level recommendation from the USA. The legal team did not give me a solid answer if I needed to contact the references from these people.

I am looking for some feedback on the strength of my petition. Are the credentials solid enough to meet the EB1B criteria? Do you think I can proceed without providing any recommendation letters?