Please advice on H1B extension stamping at Tijuana Mexico

#1
Hi
I am living in Bay Area (Indian) ,planning to go for a H1b Extension (got extenion upto 2012) Visa stamping at Tijuana, Mexico along with my Family on 1st or 2nd week of July 2009.
I have my current visa stamping valid upto Sep30th 2009 in the passport.
I am quite hesitant to go for a visa stamping thinking of current situation, hence I am not able to come to decision whether to go for it or not.
Please advice me is it advisable to go for a stamping now before the current visa expiry ?
It would be great if some one could give me clarification to the below ones
1. Thinking of worst situation at the consular office (mexico), is it possible to comeback to US with having the existing visa valid upto Sep 30th?
2. Assuming if I am not going for a visa stamping now, is it possible for my family members to get H4 stamping in the native country after the visa expiry (797 valid upto 2012)


Please advice me to make a timely good decision.

Please let me know if anyone has recently gone to the tijuna, mexico, consulate for h1 b stamping.

Thanks & Regards
Ramesh
 

Triple Citizen

Registered Users (C)
#2
A1: Yes, provided the consul does not cancel your current visa
A2: Yes

1. Thinking of worst situation at the consular office (mexico), is it possible to comeback to US with having the existing visa valid upto Sep 30th?
2. Assuming if I am not going for a visa stamping now, is it possible for my family members to get H4 stamping in the native country after the visa expiry (797 valid upto 2012)
 

Triple Citizen

Registered Users (C)
#6
That is a decision you need to make. I personally do not see any great risk, but no one can speculate what exactly will happen at the consulate. Good luck!!!

But please advice whether is it advisable to go for a stamping now before the current visa expiry, i.e., Sep 30th?
 
Top