Please advice..AC21 question

rock1

Registered Users (C)
hi i need some advice..My 140 was finally approved..i had changed employers prior to approval..so the risk paid off.. Now my question is:

If i file for AC21 thru my current employer as my 140 is approved and > 180 days for 485 does the title really have to match..i have read as that as long as job desc is same its fine..
more specifically my labour was cleared for System Analyst and now i am Senior Software Engg... but the job duties can be shown as same...also salry is 20% higher..please advice if this is ok..or the job title is too different..

would appreciate a response from ginnu and other gurus..

thx

rock1 said:
hi i need some advice..My 140 was finally approved..i had changed employers prior to approval..so the risk paid off.. Now my question is:

If i file for AC21 thru my current employer as my 140 is approved and > 180 days for 485 does the title really have to match..i have read as that as long as job desc is same its fine..
more specifically my labour was cleared for System Analyst and now i am Senior Software Engg... but the job duties can be shown as same...also salry is 20% higher..please advice if this is ok..or the job title is too different..

would appreciate a response from ginnu and other gurus..

thx

1. Title can be different but the job description should be similar. (to me it your title looks similar, but make sure in the detailed description you match your Labor/I140 job description.
2. Higher salary (20%) usually does not pose a problem.

thanks adyav! thats reassuring...i was worried cause systems analyst and senior software engg may fall under different DOT codes (or whatever its called)!