Planning to start my green card process -NIW

DNSany

I am planning to start my green card process.

Education details: I did Master of Computer Application from , India 1997.
I did Master of Science in Computer Science from , USA-2012.
From January 2013 I continue my PhD Geo Engineering- GIS in India. I submitted my PhD work to department Head in June 2015.
I Got an admission into MBA from Bentley University US with 100% scholarship amount worth of 76000$ in July 2015. Now I am doing MBA with Bentley University. Now I am F1 VISA status

Experience Details:
I have around 18 Years of experience .
I Have 5 years teaching experience , I have 12 years if Information technology experience with different companies in India and USA, Also 3 years’ experience in research related to Geo Engineering- GIS.

I applied my H1B in 2012, it was approved in November 2012. But Due to my personal reasons I went to my home country India in December 2012.
Even though I have PhD I don’t have much research paper. I have two papers a first author. I wrote 3 paper and they are sitting with other journals, they may come in December 2015 mid. I gave couple of presentations at national conference and I have attended national conferences My question based on the above information
My questions:
1) Am I eligible to apply for Green Card through Self Petition, National Interest Waiver (NIW),
2) Or Should I wait till I get all the papers out (I really don’t know how long it’s going to take) and try for EB1 and if I am eligible.
3) Are the EB2 (NIW) are processed faster than the regular EB2.