Planning to go to us..us citizenship

dicerocksz

Registered Users (C)
hey everyone last time i post here is about my new CRBA and getting a US passport. i got my new passport in april 4, 2013. my question is when i already have a ticket for US. do i really need to pay my staying here in the philippines in the immigration? i became a US citizen in 1993 (it states in my CRBA) but im still here in the philippines never been to us.

What is your question? You're wondering how to pay for a place to stay in the US?

sorry i didn't made my question clear, what im saying is im planning to go to US this coming may to see my brother. i've been a us citizen in 1993 and until now im still here in the philippines. my question is when i get to the immigration is it true that i have to pay the duration of my staying here in the philippines since 1993? because im a us citizen. i don't know what they call it.

I think the Republic Act 9225 of 2003 lets you reacquire Philippine citizenship upon declaring an oath of allegiance. You were born in the Philippines to at least one Filipino parent, yes? So, you never naturalised as a US citizen, and have been living your life as a Filipino citizen. I think you're already a dual citizen automatically. Not sure where you can check. Immigration department? I highly doubt you have to pay a fine.

Do you have a Philippine passport?

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=163&Itemid=83

yes my mom is a Filipino i don't have Philippine passport yet only my Us passport. Im not sure if im already dual citizen but your right i should go to the Immigration department to answer all my questions. anyway thanks for your reply hope i don't have to pay for fine.

If your mother is Filipino, my understanding is you are Filipino still, since you never "acquired" another citizenship. If you have your Philippine birth certificate, I highly doubt you'll have trouble getting a passport. Get a Philippine passport, whether or not you feel you need or want to use it. It will come in handy.

If your mother is Filipino, my understanding is you are Filipino still, since you never "acquired" another citizenship. If you have your Philippine birth certificate, I highly doubt you'll have trouble getting a passport. Get a Philippine passport, whether or not you feel you need or want to use it. It will come in handy.

i acquired us citizenship in 1993 when i am 3 years old i have my consular report of birth abroad. but yes i have my Philippine birth certificate maybe i will get my philippine passport if that's possible.

Hmm, if I'm not mistaken, a CRBA is proof that you were born a citizen, so though you got it in 1993, you have been a citizen since birth. Still, enquire at immigration about your Philippine citizenship. I'm sure there are also many other cases like yours that are documented online. Do a search.

Look at paragraph 12 here: http://www.asianjournal.com/immigra...al-united-states-and-philippine-citizens.html

Anyway, via the Philippine immigration link, there's a checklist and application form IF you need to re-acquire Philippine citizenship if I'm wrong about what a CRBA is. Otherwise, you just need a Philippine passport.

Having a CRBA means you acquired US citizenship at birth, even though the CRBA was issued years after your birth.

i didn't know that i thought i only acquired it when im 3 years old, but i have my philippine birth certificate it states that my surname Morales then in my CRBA its different i got my dad surname because he's the one who is a us citizen. but my problem is that when i apply for my philippine passport it require my birth certificate in the philippine would it be a problem if i have different surname in my us passport?

i didn't know that i thought i only acquired it when im 3 years old, but i have my philippine birth certificate it states that my surname Morales then in my CRBA its different i got my dad surname because he's the one who is a us citizen.

The CRBA doesn't require having your father's surname. Looks like the consulate made a mistake; they were supposed to use the name on your birth certificate, unless your name was legally changed and your parents presented evidence of that name change.

Which name have you been using in day-to-day life ... school, work, bank account, driver's license, etc.?

The CRBA doesn't require having your father's surname. Looks like the consulate made a mistake; they were supposed to use the name on your birth certificate, unless your name was legally changed and your parents presented evidence of that name change.

Which name have you been using in day-to-day life ... school, work, bank account, driver's license, etc.?

i don't think my name was legally changed, im using my father's surname since 1993.

If your mother is Filipino, my understanding is you are Filipino still, since you never "acquired" another citizenship.

i don't think my name was legally changed, im using my father's surname since 1993.

Since you've been using it ever since then, and it's on your CRBA, for all practical purposes it is your legal name now (common-law name change).

Just make sure you don't use the birth certificate from the Philippines for anything in the US, as the name difference may create complications. If you're ever asked to show your birth certificate when applying for something, show the CRBA and it will be accepted as the equivalent of a birth certificate. I don't think you'll have to show the actual birth certificate for anything in the US, unless you're running for President!