PIO Card - Help

trygc

Registered Users (C)
Hello

I and my spouse got US citizenship in Dec 2008. Got US Passports in Jan'09.

We have a kid born in USA.

We are planning to R2I and need help with completing PIO application. We are applying for PIO because we need to go to India in 2 months and OIC is taking long time.

1. There is a 2 set of applications need to be sent. do we require 5 photos per application or total 5 photos?

2. When we apply for PIO do we have to request for cancellation of Indian Passport and send the Indian Passports togeter with PIO application or do we need to fill any other application requesting for cancellation of Indian passports.

3. A mailing fee of 20 dollars is required to get our Passports back. If we send 3 applications are we required to pay 60 dollars or 20 dollars only?

4. Do we have to send original US passports also or only copies?

Thanks
Trygc

Hello

I and my spouse got US citizenship in Dec 2008. Got US Passports in Jan'09.

We have a kid born in USA.

We are planning to R2I and need help with completing PIO application. We are applying for PIO because we need to go to India in 2 months and OIC is taking long time.

1. There is a 2 set of applications need to be sent. do we require 5 photos per application or total 5 photos?

2. When we apply for PIO do we have to request for cancellation of Indian Passport and send the Indian Passports togeter with PIO application or do we need to fill any other application requesting for cancellation of Indian passports.

3. A mailing fee of 20 dollars is required to get our Passports back. If we send 3 applications are we required to pay 60 dollars or 20 dollars only?

4. Do we have to send original US passports also or only copies?

Thanks
Trygc

You don't mention which consulate/embassy your applying through, but a quick read of PIO application process at Chicago (http://chicago.indianconsulate.com/PioCardInf0031406.htm) seems to give answers to all your questions.