photos stapled

workhomes2003

Registered Users (C)
I have stapled the photos with the application form when I mailed it. IS that ok ?. Has anyone done this before ?

workhomes2003 said:
I have stapled the photos with the application form when I mailed it. IS that ok ?. Has anyone done this before ?
I believe the instructions specifically ask you not to staple photos. Although they don't say why, it probably has something to do with the staples showing up on your scanned photo on the visa and the OCI certificate.

How did you miss that..

It clearly said "DO NOT STAPLE". It also said that a number of applications are pending due to incorrect photos. You should have been a little more cautious, anyway it too late now.

I would suggest that you either call them or wait for them to call you.

I think you application may get delayed / rejected. Thank GOD the Indian consulate in not like the US consulate where they will outright return your application ask you to pay processing fee again with correct photos.

oh no. I didn't read this instructions. Not sure what to do at this point. Also I have mailed 3 additional photos in the cover as per the instructions. Can't they use that ?

Ok I read the instructions again and the houston CGI form doesn't say as do not staple. Only SF, Chicago OCI instructions indicate that..

If You have send additional photos..

Ok if you have sent 3 additional photos I think you don't have to worry. They can sure use these photos if the staples damaged the ones that you stapled.

I also saw some other post where someone posted saying that they had sent in photos with white background and had not trimmed to the specified length.

I guess they give you a lot more latitude than they claim so, I guess we are all OK.