• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Photo requirements

krist

hey!
I have submitted us dv lottery 2021, but my head in the photto was bigger than 69 %.Is this an automatic disqualification.

Stressing over an already submitted entry photo requirements at this point is a complete waste of time IMO. When the DV results are released in May 2020, you’ll find out if you’re selected or not. There’s no way to tell if you’re simply not fortunate enough to be selected or you got disqualified in this case. So forget about the submitted entry for now, go on with your normal life and check results in the May. The right time to worry (if need be) about photo requirements compliance is before a DV entry form gets submitted during the registration period.

OkI I thought if you had a precise answer yes or no.i didn't know these requirements about photo werei important.the most important issue is if your personal datas are true or not.
Thank you

The photo is as important as the personal data being submitted. No one gets disqualified for inaccurate personal data during the selection stage, except of course for manipulated data in the case of multiple submissions by one entity. Even at that, such a person will only discover they’ve not been selected, the displayed result will not indicate they got disqualified. So no one here can give you a precise yes or no response.

hey!
I have submitted us dv lottery 2021, but my head in the photto was bigger than 69 %.Is this an automatic disqualification.
Hey I understand your concern when trying to get a direct answer. It didn't help me when people told me to move on with my life because the lottery is over. Pictures that don't meet the requirements get the entrant disqualified but they won't tell you that when you'll check if you won. But you can apply next year again. I took the picture by myself but I got confused later.

I was confused because I thought the digital image had to be the same size as the printed passport size.

What I suggest you is to just use the photo crop tool on the government's website next year and not use any other program like windows or gimp.

Pictures that don't meet the requirements get the entrant disqualified but they won't tell you that when you'll check if you won.

Wrong. If the photo is accepted as valid for the entry to be submitted, then it won’t get you disqualified before selection. If you are selected however and the photo does not meet all the specs, the CO may disqualify you at interview. This situation seems to be very rare though.

I am on F1 visa and my lottery number is AS6xxx. I used an old photo that is also in my passport for the DV. I have been using the same photo for the last 4 years. The question is 1. are the applications with recurrent photos denied at the selection phase or the interview phase.

I understand that the immigration officer my deny my AOS because of the old photo issue. 2. What is the likelihood of being accepted vs denied? If I have a high probability of being denied, I do not want to file for AOS and show immigrant intent which may jeopardize my future ability to get F1.
Thanks

I am on F1 visa and my lottery number is AS6xxx. I used an old photo that is also in my passport for the DV. I have been using the same photo for the last 4 years. The question is 1. are the applications with recurrent photos denied at the selection phase or the interview phase.

I understand that the immigration officer my deny my AOS because of the old photo issue. 2. What is the likelihood of being accepted vs denied? If I have a high probability of being denied, I do not want to file for AOS and show immigrant intent which may jeopardize my future ability to get F1.
Thanks

1. Could happen at both, a lot more likely at interview stage as seen from this thread

2. No one here can tell you with certainty how high the probability of denial is regarding use of old photo especially with AOS.

What do you recommend? Can they cancel my current F1 visa if they deny my DV application? I feel so down right now - just a bad decision all in all to use the old photo.

What do you recommend? Can they cancel my current F1 visa if they deny my DV application? I feel so down right now - just a bad decision all in all to use the old photo.

1. I don’t have a recommendation, it’s your call.

2. No, USCIS cannot cancel your current F1 visa based on re-used/use of old photo.

p.s. always number your questions if you have more than one in a post.

Oh my gosh, i have used an old photo as well. Oh God :'(
Sorry about that.

It’s always wise to read the instructions for every year’s DV entry. It’s far worse getting selected and not being issued a visa than not being selected at all.