Philly stamping instruction

WaitingOver

Registered Users (C)
Like "NY Federal Plaza Stamping instructions" and "DC Stamping instructions.", I am staring new thread for Philadelphia region. Please share your experience. TIA.

Philly Stamping

I got it done on Dec 22, 2004. It is simple. Take an appointment by Infopass. Do not take lot of stuff. You can find parking next to this Office. If you have an appointment and just stamping you are out of the building in less than 15 min. As a matter of fact they do stamping rightaway at the reception. Just avoid taking lot of unwanted stuff (I mean metalic items) to save your hassle and time for security checks. I will recommend take early morning appointment so you may never get stuck due to buildup of the backlog.

I

Did my stamping on 10/26/04.Appointment for 8:15Am, reached there at 8:10AM and was out by 8:40AM.

Showed the Infopass and passport at entrance.security person asked to go counter 6.No place to sit so make sure you are there just 15 minutes before.
Inside the bulding security check.
After security check went to counter 6.officer took the infopass of wife and me.Officer asked to sit till they call us.
After five minutes they called both.

Officer will ask for the approval notice, passport,I-94 and pictures. Then officer will fill out a form by hand with A# etcWill take your right index finger print and signature on the form she filled.Took all old APs & EADs.

Stamping done for my wife.Officer made mistake in stamping wife's passport,stamped yesterday date then stamped again today date.
Stamping done for me.

Only problem rush hour traffic of Philly.

Thanks
tiger2025

did stamping on 11/23 8:15AM. Mornings are faster... was done by 8:35AM
Take approval letter, all EADS+ AP's and offcourse passport and 2 photos.

Should n't have any problems!

We finished out stamping today @2:25 PM, out in 40 minutes.

Do not take any metal item for security reasons.Also verify your stamping information on the passport. Officer made mistake for both of our passports. Park you car on street parking or any near garage.

Documents Required:
Infopass appointment
Approval Notice (Courtsey copy)
EAD's
AP's
I-94
Photo

Thank you

On a related note - stamping experience in Dover, DE

I actually live in Philly, but chose the Dover office out of the list that came up as there seemed to be no suitable appointment available in Philly for the next 10 days or so.

Had a very pleasant experience. The Dover office is very small. I almost missed it. There was only one CIS representative working and one security guard (she's pretty cute, if I might say so ;) ). There is no metal detector, and no security check. Walked in about 45 mins prior to the actual appointment and was seen about 15 mins after that. There were a couple walk-ins. Anyways, the officer completed the necessary formalities as mentioned by the others here and I was out in 15 mins.

I recommend the Dover office if appointments are not available in Philly. It is about 75 mins from Center City Philly. Also, follow the directions listed on the CIS website for the office. Mapquest came up with some really strange directions.

K

Stamping in Philly question

Hi guys

I have scheduled infopass appt for philly for mid next week.
I have two confusions if someone can clear them

- Infopass appointment is taken for principal applicant only that covers your wife too Right ??
- I received courtesy copy of approval, original went to the lawyer, so I can do stamping using courtesy copies for my wife and myself do not need originals from attorny Right ??

I'll appreciate your response

thanks in advance.

truenblue,

You need seperate appointment for your wife. Also Courtsey copy is fine for stamping but take your original copy from lawyer and keep with you.

WaitingOver said:
truenblue,

You need seperate appointment for your wife. Also Courtsey copy is fine for stamping but take your original copy from lawyer and keep with you.

Are you sure about separate appt for wife, did it happen with you ???
I just spoke to NCS and rep told me my appt would cover my wife too ?
And infact if you tried to take appt for your wife right after you scheduled for yourself, system would not allow that.. (may be because of same phone # etc)

Iam pretty sure you need a separate appointment for your wife. Doesnt matter if she's half-hour or something after yours, they might admit you together anyways.But you definitely need the appointment.Keep trying with infopass specially at oddhours ( midnight, early morning, after 6 etc ) , you might get on the same day, same time.

Philly stamping experience

My wife and I got our passports stamped today at Philadelphia. No problems, except for a half-hour wait. The guy was very efficient and courteous. He did not even ask for the original (which I didnt have) approved I-485. Courtesy copy was enough.
He was being legally correct by saying the plastic card will arrive in about 6 months, although I am optimistic it will arrive earlier (from the various posts in this forum).
We were required to turn in our EAD and AP documents. My wife's EAD expired today !!!

Good luck to all, and a happy new year!
Raj

RajakoGCmilgaya said:
My wife and I got our passports stamped today at Philadelphia. No problems, except for a half-hour wait. The guy was very efficient and courteous. He did not even ask for the original (which I didnt have) approved I-485. Courtesy copy was enough.
He was being legally correct by saying the plastic card will arrive in about 6 months, although I am optimistic it will arrive earlier (from the various posts in this forum).
We were required to turn in our EAD and AP documents. My wife's EAD expired today !!!

Good luck to all, and a happy new year!
Raj

6 months ?
Did you both take separate appointments or a single appointment worked ?

We did take separate appointments

We used the Infopass on the USCIS website. I have seen a lot of posts where folks have not been able to get the second appointment. The website, in my opinion, stores the time and the IP address and prevents "bulk" appointments. If you wait a while, or try from another computer, you should be able to get appointments close to each other.

The officer took our signature, fingerprint (right index) and photographs and stapled them to a blank form (card order form, I guess) alongwith the courtesy copy of I-485 approval.
He stamped our passport.
The stamp reads, "Processed for I-551. Temporary evidence of lawful admission for permanent residence valid until ______. Employment Authorized."
He also wrote the name, A#, Class of Admission, Date of EAD approval.
He was cool, and did not make a fuss of our passports which expire in two months.

Good luck to you.
Raj

Got stamping done yesterday at Philly. We were out of the building in 30 min anyway I wasted extra 1.5 hours of quarters in the parking meter right infront of the building :D .

I took seperate appt for my wife long after my own appt, on the recomendation in some posts here although NCS rep said it was not necessary, primary would cover dependent. But there they did ask for my wife's infopass appt paper at the counter but not at the door while entering.
So I recomend taking infopass appointments for all dependents.

The lady at the counter asked for approval letters, Passport (she also checked the validity of pp) , I94, EAD and APs took fingerprint of right index finger and sign on a form, stamp the pasport and we were done.

We were told that plastic card can take from 6 months to upto a year to arrive :(

thanks guys

Possibility to take PP stamp at Philly for NJ resident?

Hi guys, I live in south NJ and could not find available info according to my zipcode (supposed to be Cherry Hill office in NJ) with infopass. So I wonder if anyone knows that I can take my stamp at Philly's office? Thanks a lot.

jd02 said:
Hi guys, I live in south NJ and could not find available info according to my zipcode (supposed to be Cherry Hill office in NJ) with infopass. So I wonder if anyone knows that I can take my stamp at Philly's office? Thanks a lot.

Philly is not accepting NJ appointments. I checked this with Officer during my stamping for one of my firends who resides at Maple Shade.

Hi, thanks all for the replies. I'll take it in my home state NJ to avoid any trouble. Good luck.

WaitingOver said:
We finished out stamping today @2:25 PM, out in 40 minutes.

Do not take any metal item for security reasons.Also verify your stamping information on the passport. Officer made mistake for both of our passports. Park you car on street parking or any near garage.

Documents Required:
Infopass appointment
Approval Notice (Courtsey copy)
EAD's
AP's
I-94
Photo

Thank you

What if my original I-94 is expired and I have no EAD/AP? Do I have to bring my H1B extension approval notice?