Philadelphia Transfer Cases

I Received My Card

On May 5th I received my card. There was no mistakes on it. Even the Photo came out nice. My long journey is over. Thanks to everybody who contributed to this thread and of course thanks to Rajiv Khanna for providing this forum. Good Luck to all who are still waiting.
Sincerely,
MGM

Congrats MGM...
Philli office sucks. I have been there 3 times since my dates turned current in March but no update yet. Even today they said that the case was transferred between 3 officers in 3 months and finally assigned to a Clerk and it seems the clerk is not able to find the file.
I dont know what else I can do, except wait. Any suggestions, anyone ?

EB3: PD Nov 2000,
I-140 and 485 transferred and pending in Philli since July' 2004.

Fromhyd - Are you approved yet?

Please tell us if you have received an approval letter. It is really surprising that they hold off cases even after the PD turns current.

Fromhyd said:
Congrats MGM...
Philli office sucks. I have been there 3 times since my dates turned current in March but no update yet. Even today they said that the case was transferred between 3 officers in 3 months and finally assigned to a Clerk and it seems the clerk is not able to find the file.
I dont know what else I can do, except wait. Any suggestions, anyone ?

EB3: PD Nov 2000,
I-140 and 485 transferred and pending in Philli since July' 2004.

To Aladdin

Aladdin,

Are you the one in an old Philly_tracker_cases I have a while ago with I-485 RD of 11/2002? I thought I am the only one not approved in that tracker because most cases were approved last year. Do you have any updates in you case, e.g., interview? Also just curious, which catagory is your case?

My I485 has PD current this month, but stuck in name check since oct/2004. Contact congressman and not useful. I am wodering if I should file a law suit.

Good luck,
bobby

Aladdin,
I am still on the same boat, no update yet. Contacted the local congressman a month ago and have been waiting to hear something back soon. :(

To Fromhyd and Bobbyren

Fromhyd - It is frustrating and aggravating that after such a long wait the tardiness of BCIS is still causing delays at our cost. keep your spirit up and good luck to you. Please keep us updated if anything new.

Bobbyren - Yes I used to post very often last year but then the retrogression hit me pretty badly. I am still waiting for the PD (EB3 :( ) to turn current - at least a year to go unless the Senate-House reached a deal. Congrats that your PD is now and let us know if they act promptly for once.

Fromhyd said:
Aladdin,
I am still on the same boat, no update yet. Contacted the local congressman a month ago and have been waiting to hear something back soon. :(

which state are you in?

Fromhyd said:
Aladdin,

Requested an enquiry

Called 1-800 number this morning and a nice lady took a request for an enquiry and told me that the Phialdelphia office will contact me within 30 days. My PD is current this month. Interviewed in July 2005 and was told pending at FBI name check. Does anyone know if this kind enquiry can expedite my name check because my PD has been current?

I have exhausted everything I could try to expedite my name check. If I do not get any progress in the near future, I am going to file a lawsuit. It's so painful being waiting and waiting and you don't know when this will end. I really think they need to change the processing system. Name check for year couldn't be not right. If an applicant is a terrorist, he can do anything he wants because he is legally staying this country.

Anyway, good luck to everyone who is still waiting,
bobby

my case is with VSC. RD Jan 2004. EB3 date Jun 2001
I recently moved to PA from NJ. Last few queries to USCIS gave me same answers, my name check is pending.
How fast and good is Philadelphia office in terms of processing I485 cases?
Does anyone know whether it would be wiser to get my case transfer from VSC to local USCIS office in Philadelphia.
Can making Infopass appointment and going to local office and talking to immigraiton officer trigger my case transfer to that office?
I have taken next week infopass appointment in Phillydelphia office. any suggestions what exactly I should carry and what type of questions I should ask in order to get right information.
Thanks,

humbleman,

I am not sure if it's a good thing to transfer a case from VSC to a local because NC pending would be same for either VSC or a local office (both offices will not approve you case). Plus, I don't know if you can request for this kind of transfer because VSC should determine if transfer or not.

As to docs for infopass, infopass notice (produced online) + driver's license + I485 receipt are all you need. As far as I know, it is not very useful if the NC is still pending because they will not provide more information. Maybe it's time to file a lawsuit to expedite NC if you think you have waited too long.

Good luck,
bobby

humbleman010 said:
my case is with VSC. RD Jan 2004. EB3 date Jun 2001
I recently moved to PA from NJ. Last few queries to USCIS gave me same answers, my name check is pending.
How fast and good is Philadelphia office in terms of processing I485 cases?
Does anyone know whether it would be wiser to get my case transfer from VSC to local USCIS office in Philadelphia.
Can making Infopass appointment and going to local office and talking to immigraiton officer trigger my case transfer to that office?
I have taken next week infopass appointment in Phillydelphia office. any suggestions what exactly I should carry and what type of questions I should ask in order to get right information.
Thanks,

Philli sucks...

Contacted the local congressman and got a response from Philli office that they were going to transfer my I-140 to ESC the end of May. I have tried to let them know for the past 2 yrs the same that Local office would not process the I-140 and after 4 months since my case is current they realize this and send it to ESC.
By the way after a lot of research found that ESC was the former name of VSC (long back). Philli office is so backward that they do not know about the VSC, also that ESC would not process I-140 as of April 1st (only NSC).
More than a month and not even a single LUD either on 140 or 485's.

thanks Bobbyren.
I am not sure either but was wondering that making an appointment in Local office some time may trigger officer to get my files from processing centers, in my case it is VSC.
Other than finding out why VSC is taking this much time in processing my case while VSC is processing 1 & 1/2 year ahead cases than my RD, I am also going to get some kind of my legality proof that I can show to PENNDOT (PA DMV) to get my driving License transfer.
PENNDOT denied license transfer on the ground that I do not have any USCIS paper that shows my status for at least next one year. I hope local office can help me.
Thanks,

Philly office sucks big time. The only way I found to get things done is to frequently contact the Local Congressman regarding pending cases.
My I-140 finally got approved after 2 yrs being stuck in Philly office.

EB3: PD Nov 2000 (Current since Mar 1st 06)
RD: I-140 and I-485 at TSC in June 2004
140 and 485 transferred to Philadelphia local office: July 2004
After several tries the file was transferred to VSC in July '06
140 approved last week and currently waiting for Finger print notice for I-485

First FP: Oct 2004
Expired: Jan '06.

Heard from the congressman that VSC would schedule for FingerPrints.

Approved and Stamped

For those of you who would read this thread, my wife and I got our passports stamped in Philly and our 5-year journey has finally come to an end. It has been over two years since our file was transferred from VSC to Philly. Now we are waiting for the plastic card to arrive and enjoying our hard earned freedom. Good luck to you all who are waiting.

Finally Received Wife's Card

This probably will be my last post in this thread. Just want to update that today my wife finally received her Green Card too. We both filed together in 2001, but during this long 7 years our files got separated. After almost 6 months after I received my green card, she was interviewed and her passport got stamped last November. However, it took another three months for them to issue her a welcome letter and then finally her plastic card. Her card came from the Nebraska Service Center. Both of us originally filed at the Vermont Service center. As I mentioned in my earlier post, my card came from the Texas service center and my wife's came from the Nebraska service center. One thing that is odd in my wife's card is that it says that she has been resident since 2000. My one says since 2006 and her one should have said that too. Since everything else is correct we shall let it go. If anyone has a different opinion regarding this, please let me know or post it here in this forum. Thank you all for contributing in this thread.