Petitioner's Birth Certificate

bpl30

Hello Everyone, thank you all for the important information exchange on this forum.

My q- while filing for parents i 130( by a USC and going for CP), if the birth certificate of the petitioner has only the initials of the father along with the last name and not the full first and middle name (passport, parents marriage certificate etc. has the full first and middle name), will this be an issue ?

Any thoughts or advice are very much appreciated. Thank you.

The petitioner's birth certificate is not needed. For proof of US citizenship, any one of the following proofs is sufficient: birth certificate showing birth in the US, a valid US passport, a Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship, or CRBA. If he was born in the US and chooses to use his birth certificate as proof of citizenship, as long as it shows him as being born in the US, that should be all that matters. Or he can just use his US passport.

Hello, Thank you for the response. I think I did not put the q correctly.
For establishing relationship between the petitioner (myself)and beneficiary(my father), copy of birth certificate of the petitioner is required at the time of filing i 130.
so if my BC has only initials of father , will it create any problems. for eg- BC has A P Gupta and not Ajay Pal Gupta . I am a naturalized citizen. . Thank you.

Hello, Thank you for the response. I think I did not put the q correctly.
For establishing relationship between the petitioner (myself)and beneficiary(my father), copy of birth certificate of the petitioner is required at the time of filing i 130.
so if my BC has only initials of father , will it create any problems. for eg- BC has A P Gupta and not Ajay Pal Gupta . I am a naturalized citizen. . Thank you.
For a father, you need your birth certificate showing your mother, and your parents' marriage certificate showing they were married when you were born. As long as your birth certificate shows your mother, I think it should be fine.

For a father, you need your birth certificate showing your mother, and your parents' marriage certificate showing they were married when you were born. As long as your birth certificate shows your mother, I think it should be fine.
thank you so much for your response.

This is a bit late, but it sometimes is incorrect.

You need to show a birth certificate listing your father as a biogical father. Mother's name on birth certificate plus her marriage certificate is insufficient when it comes to proving your biological relationship to your father.