Petition for Newborn

zbrentano

Hi All. Does anyone have experience with I-130 versus N-600K? Or expediting N-600k?
I have my IR1 interview next month in South Africa. I have a 2 week old newborn which we need to file a new petition for and expedite as we have been told she cannot be added to my case. We can only apply for US citizenship in May 2023 for her - her father is a US citizen but has only been back in the US for 1.5 months over the age of 14.
I am worried I only have 6 months to enter the US, leaving my newborn stuck in South Africa as my husband is in the US.
Other options are:
1. should I cancel my medical and interview until her petition is approved
2. Request an extension of visa to enter the US
3. Wait until interview and discuss my situation with them.

Since you guys are moving to the US, your husband should file an I-130 for the child ASAP. Your idea about delaying your case until your child's immigrant visa case is ready sounds like a good idea. I am not sure exactly how to do that.

Another option is for you to enter the US with your immigrant visa, and immediately apply for a Re-entry Permit, stay in the US until you do the biometrics for the Re-entry Permit, and then return to South Africa. But someone will have to watch your child during this process.