Personal Check paid for EAD Apps OK?

SoundOfSilence

Registered Users (C)
I got one rejection notice today saying my official check (from bank) is not with signature. not sure it is bank's error or not. I will check with bank on Monday.

But canI just use my personal check payable to BCIS NSC?
Any ok story?

Thanks

When I applied for my wife's EAD renewal, I used personal check. The case was approved without any problem. Personal check should be fine.

Personal checks are accepted by the INS and you should encounter no issues on account of that (unless, of-course, the check bounces!!):p :p

Personal checks are ok for EAD. In fact it is recommended that personal checks be sent for most applications, for if you don't receive a copy of your receipt, you could order a copy of the cashed check - your receipt number would be on the back of the check.

If you are sending multiple applications in a packet, it is also better to provide individual checks for each application, rather than one check for the total of all applications.

The only time I've been told that it is better to send a money order is for F1 OPT. It is a very time sensitive application and that could be the reason. And if you go to a service center to get an interim EAD.

I used personal check when I filed my I485 and for EAD/AP extension also. This time I wrote the check in favor of BCIS.