PERM-Wrong Details

bhaskar20

Hi,
My lawyer just filed my PERM but put it some details (like previous job title and address of degree awarding institution) wrong? How can this be rectified? Can this be changed in the I-140 stage?
Any info would be helpful.
Thanks.

We had a situation where our system incorrectly populated the country of birth on the PERM system. We indicated the correct information at the I-140 level, BUT once a PERM case has been filed, you cannot change anything.

Did that work?. I mean, correction at the I-140 level did not cause any issues?

st4rguitar said:
We had a situation where our system incorrectly populated the country of birth on the PERM system. We indicated the correct information at the I-140 level, BUT once a PERM case has been filed, you cannot change anything.

Yep, it was approved with no problem. The country of citizenship was listed as one thing and we indicated on the I-140 that it should be something different, and the I-140 was approved within a few months.

My DOB is off by 1 day in my labor application; I hope the correction at the I-140 level would be sufficient. I do not need to withdraw the application, correct? Not sure if Date of Birth info is more critical than country of birth and DOL would require me to have it correct during labor application projcess.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

st4rguitar said:
Yep, it was approved with no problem. The country of citizenship was listed as one thing and we indicated on the I-140 that it should be something different, and the I-140 was approved within a few months.

No WAY would I go through and withdraw a hard-workin'-PERM-case over a 1 day of birth error. No WAY. Just mention it on the I-140 and it should be fine. I filed an I-140 with 3 PERM error amendments and it went through.

Good luck!

Thanks st4guitar for your valuable inputs.

st4rguitar said:
No WAY would I go through and withdraw a hard-workin'-PERM-case over a 1 day of birth error. No WAY. Just mention it on the I-140 and it should be fine. I filed an I-140 with 3 PERM error amendments and it went through.

Good luck!

I have similar problem

st4rguitar said:

Good luck!

Even my Approved PERM has number of errors. Experince Dates are off by few days, but the mail problem is with the Education, I have Masters, but the attorney gave Year of completiona and Institution name as my Bachelors one. Is it OK to file I-140 with the amendments? Please do respond. ALso let us know what type of errors you had and how did you handle it?

My attorney says, we have to fillup the J and K sections of ETA 9089 and send both the approved labor and corrected form with a letter explaining the errors.

Please do respond or leave me a PM.

That's an interesting solution. I've not heard of preparing a new form with the corrections. The way that we did it were to indicate on the cover letter that the form had a number of errors on it, and then sticky-notes were placed on each place with the correct information. It was approved, so I'm guessing we just got an understanding officer.

Good luck!

One question: For Q H12 - Are the job opportunity's requirements normal for the occupation? - We answered 'yes' for the question.

It is a level IV under 15-1031.00; we indicated that the job requires BS + 5 years of experience. However the o-net online summary shows that the SOC code 15-1031.00 requires 2 to 4 years of experience. So, my question is - Did we answer the H12 question correctly. Should we have answered it as 'no'?

Thoughts?

WellWisher007 said:
Thanks st4guitar for your valuable inputs.

We always answer that question as "Yes." It's pretty vague, as employers require different things for different positions. You should be fine.

Thanks for the response!

st4rguitar said:
That's an interesting solution. I've not heard of preparing a new form with the corrections. The way that we did it were to indicate on the cover letter that the form had a number of errors on it, and then sticky-notes were placed on each place with the correct information. It was approved, so I'm guessing we just got an understanding officer.

Good luck!

I'll sit with the attorney this weekend and see what he exactly plans to do and decide whether to file the I-140 or go for another PERM again?

Thanks again, str4guitar. This is valuable help. Do you work with Rajeev Khanna? If you do not wish to respond, please ignore this posting.

st4rguitar said:
We always answer that question as "Yes." It's pretty vague, as employers require different things for different positions. You should be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, no, I definitely do NOT work for his firm! Thanks for asking though --
It reminded me that I need to add that information to my signature now to avoid any involvement with him! :) Good luck.

WellWisher007 said:
Thanks again, str4guitar. This is valuable help. Do you work with Rajeev Khanna? If you do not wish to respond, please ignore this posting.

Correction after I-140 is approved

Hi st4rguitar,

If there's an error after an I-140 is approved, can you correct it when
you apply for AOS? I appreciate your help.

Thanks
:)

My lawyer made a mistake in dates. She put 2005 instead of 2006 in prewailing wage request. Got denied. She appealed. Still on hold
I thought, lawyers are paid to not make this kinda mistakes. :mad:

We've done it before. We had some errors on a case due to a problem when it was transferred from our filing system onto the ETA system. When we filed the I-140, we crossed out the incorrect information on the PERM application and indicated the correct information. We put a cover letter on the top of the approval indicating the errors. The I-140 and concurrent I-485 were subsequently approved. I can't say that it will happen for you in the same way, but, hopefully this past success will help with yours!
Regards
--St4rGuitar

Hi st4rguitar,

If there's an error after an I-140 is approved, can you correct it when
you apply for AOS? I appreciate your help.

Thanks
:)

Apologies for dragging this one out of the Void but what if the details that they got wrong on the PERM Labor Certification was the TAX ID? If they used the details of the parent company rather than the company I will actually be employed and paid by can that still be corrected at the I-140 stage?

PERM approved with wrong date of JOB1 and JOB2

Hi,
There is incorrect date(s) given in 9089 form of my previous employer. PERM is approved. For filing I-140 attorney need experience letter of my previous employer.

I worked with same employer for last 6 years however my job sometime was in offshore and onshore. My employer name was also changed 3 times. The letter that I got from employer contains correct start date as mentioned in PERM however end date of Job1 and start date of Job2 does not match.

Eg as given in 9089
Job1 -
Start Date
End Date
Job2 -
Start Date
End Date

For Job 1 and Job 2 I was with same employer onshore and offshore however start of these jobs are not matching in 9089 and letter that I got from employer.

Please suggest what can be done in this case. Do I need to restart labor again or I-140 can be filed with correct date.
Please let me know if you need any detail in order to answer my question.
Your help will be greatly appreciated!