PERM Vs BACKLOG

praveenk123

Hello,

My priority date for RIR is 10/12/2004 and is currently in Philadelphia Backlog Center. My attorney already completed my PERM ad process and waiting my nod to file PERM. I received my 45 day letter mid may and was replied back on May 23rd.

My question is, should I wait for few more months to see whether I get my labour from backlog center or file PERM right now? I am worried that if my PERM is denied, my priority date will be lost and I have to start all over again. This is my 7th year and I just got my 7th year visa. I don't see much advantage of waiting in RIR or filing in PERM. Please advice.

Thanks,
Praveen

understandable...

It is a risk worth taking...however it is upto you to decide ultimately. PERM can be fast if your group/representative knows very well on the application process.

praveenk123 said:
Hello,

My priority date for RIR is 10/12/2004 and is currently in Philadelphia Backlog Center. My attorney already completed my PERM ad process and waiting my nod to file PERM. I received my 45 day letter mid may and was replied back on May 23rd.

My question is, should I wait for few more months to see whether I get my labour from backlog center or file PERM right now? I am worried that if my PERM is denied, my priority date will be lost and I have to start all over again. This is my 7th year and I just got my 7th year visa. I don't see much advantage of waiting in RIR or filing in PERM. Please advice.

Thanks,
Praveen

Similar situation

PBEC is still working on 01-02 cases, so it'll be at least another 2yr wait despite the goal of eliminating all backlog process by sept 07 (which I think anyone who has experience with DOL will have no faith in)
The best thing to do is to file PERM under a different job description, then you can retain your RIR application.

Hi. I have similar situation. Are you going for EB2 or EB3 ? How long will EB3 take? What if your 7th year expire before it's complete?

Whats differece between EAC-XXX number and P-05643-xxxx

Hello gurus,

How do I check my case status number starts with P-50xxx-xxxxx??
as the uscis site does not provide case status where case number is with this format.

Any idea does case numbers starts with P-xxxxx-xxxxxx has some diff meaning than which starts with EAC or something?

thanks in advance.