PERM Tracker - Chicago

PERM approved!

I just wanted to share the good news.
EB2 BS +5 years experience
Filed: January 29, 2007
Certified: February 13, 2007

PERM approved after 17days
EB2 rest of world MS + 1 year
EB3 approved in 09/2006 PBEC (big waist of time)
already 5 years waiting for GC now finaly I see the lite at the end of tunel
good luck to you all:cool:

I just wanted to share the good news.
EB2 BS +5 years experience
Filed: January 29, 2007
Certified: February 13, 2007

Can I file a new PERM application in EB2 and use priority date of EB3

When my labor was filed in 2002 I had 10 years of Industry experience and a Masters from US but my labor could not be filed under EB2 category, as my job did not require a masters and I did not have relevant job experience. I got promoted last year and now my current title requires masters or six plus years of experience.
I have two questions: -
1. Can I file a fresh PERM application under EB2 and use the same priority date of 2002.
2. Can my first five years in this company prior to my promotion be counted towards the relevant experience, or do I still need to show experience prior to joining this company.
Thanks
2002 June
PD June 2002 EB3/RIR
I-140 cleared Jan 2007

When my labor was filed in 2002 I had 10 years of Industry experience and a Masters from US but my labor could not be filed under EB2 category, as my job did not require a masters and I did not have relevant job experience. I got promoted last year and now my current title requires masters or six plus years of experience.
I have two questions: -
1. Can I file a fresh PERM application under EB2 and use the same priority date of 2002.
2. Can my first five years in this company prior to my promotion be counted towards the relevant experience, or do I still need to show experience prior to joining this company.
Thanks
2002 June
PD June 2002 EB3/RIR
I-140 cleared Jan 2007

Your PD is now current, look at May visa bulletin, so there's no need to refile any more. You can adjust status now, and it shouldn't be too long if your I-140 has been approved.

Good luck!

Hi Faundez,
Thanks for your reply.
For India, priority date is still May 2001 for EB3, and does not seem to be moving

Hi Faundez,
Thanks for your reply.
For India, priority date is still May 2001 for EB3, and does not seem to be moving

Sorry, I didn't realize you were from India, I just assumed rest-of-the-world. May be you'd be better off refiling EB2 then.

My lawyer sent me the following email just now:

Hi:

I just checked the status of your PERM application online and it has been
certified. We have not yet received your approval here at our offices as
it can take a few weeks. We will be in contact upon receipt of your LC.

Thanks!

Please see my signature for more details.
Thank you guys for all your support. See you in the 140 threads.

Perm Approved In 16 Days

EB3 Rest of the World / Associate degree in Social Services + 6 years work experience
04/30/07 PERM Filed at Chicago center
05/16/07 PERM certified

Last edited by a moderator:
Applying For PERM from TX

Hello Friends,

My last 5 years of wait has gone down the drain :(...my 140 was denied due to the company's in-ability to pay.

I am restarting my process and filing PERM. Title is Technical Project Manager and I hold Masters in EE (concentration in Information Engineering). I want to do EB-2.

1. What documents, job description and other information do I need to keep in mind to ensure it is approved VERY soon (I don't have much time)

2. Since I dont have much time (last year of extension)...do you think I will be able to get PERM certified in time to apply for I-140 Preminum and extend my visa?

Thanks for your help

140-RFE - (Company's ability to pay) - Nov-2006
RFE Replied - Feb 2007
I-140 Denied - Apr 2007 :(

Starting PERM - New Employer..???

Last edited by a moderator:
now that the dates are current will there be reduction in the number of approvals.
mine's pending since november'06.

Perm Approved In 8 Days

EB2 Rest of the World / IT
08/02/07 PERM Filed at Chicago center
08/10/07 PERM certified

Congrats immigrguy. How long was the ad placed before the PERM application was filed ? I heard it is 1 month in the local newspaper and 1 month with the state job board. Is that true?

Does C- with the PERM Case Number means that the application has been routed to to Chicago?

Appreciate any help in advance.

Does C- with the PERM Case Number means that the application has been routed to to Chicago?

Appreciate any help in advance.

Yes. The DOL has 2 service centers - Chicago (C) and Atlanta (A). The C/A is automatically assigned based on the "area of intended employment."

If the area of intended employment is located in any of these places, the case # will have a Chicago Number:

Alaska Arizona Arkansas California
Colorado Guam Hawaii Idaho
Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas
Louisiana Michigan Minnesota Missouri
Montana Nebraska Nevada New Mexico
North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon
South Dakota Texas Utah Washington
Wisconsin Wyoming.

If it is located in any of these places, the case will have an Atlanta #:

Alabama Connecticut Delaware Florida
Georgia Kentucky Maine Maryland
Massachusetts Mississippi New Hampshire New Jersey
New York North Carolina Pennsylvania Puerto Rico
Rhode Island South Carolina Tennessee Vermont
Virgin Islands Virginia Washington DC West Virginia.

For more information, you can see http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/contacts.cfm.

Regards,
St4r

case status?

I can't seem to check the case status of PERM case online unless you have access to the username/password to the DOL site?

Please let me know if that is not the case.

Audit recieved

I received an audit as well. DOL needs docs as below. How long does audit cases take to process?

1. The documentation listed on the following attachment supporting the
attestations made on the application
2. A copy of the submitted ETA form 9080 with original signatures in Section L(Alien declaration), Section M(declaration of preparer(if applicable)) and Section N(employer declaration)
3. Proof of business necessity as outlined by 656.17(h) if the answer for question H-12 is no, the answer for questions H-13, H-15 or H-17 are yes, or the job duties and/or requirements are beyond those defined for the job by the SOC/O* Net code and Occupation Title provided by the state work force agency.

4. Documentation required for live-in household domestic service workers as outlined by 656.19(b) if the answer to the question H-18 is yes

5. Notice of filing documentation as outlined in 656.10(d)

6. Recruitment documentation
Edit/Delete Message

I can't seem to check the case status of PERM case online unless you have access to the username/password to the DOL site?

Please let me know if that is not the case.

That is correct. Only the employer and whomever he/she sets up sub-accounts for can access the system.