PERM regulations on Monday 5/6/02

How will this affect RIR that is already filed?

I did a (very) quick read of the reg this morning, and it seems like there is a provision to allow people in line for regular labor cert to convert.

However, what about people who have already filed RIR? Are we going to have to do more recruiting now for the new regulation to use PERM, or is DOL going to get all the RIRs done before PERM gets set-up?

It would seem blatantly unfair to wait for 6 months for a recently filed RIR to clear, and in the meantime someone can file a PERM application and get the labor cert done ASAP.

RIR conversion

I think you can convert from RIR, but you will need to conform to the new regulations. What that means is that you\'ll probably need to do a new round of recruitment, but you wouldn\'t have to wait six months. Two months is all you need to do PERM recruitment.

is this a new law or already existing law..

the dates in the article dates back to sep 2001.

PERM

I think everyone is waiting PERM regulation to be released. But hold on, its going to take atleast 60 days before this regulation can become a rule. So we still need to be patient.
  Its giong to help people who will be filing labour later on. The only sufferers are the ones who have filed in and around April 2001.

non-rir applications

Can non-rir cases already filed with SESA be converted to PERM ????
thank you for any updates.

Sreedhar.

PERM regs

It is proposed rules that published today. The public has until July to submit comments. After that deadline, the DOL will consider all the comments from the public, modify the rules, if necessary, and publish the final rules along with an effective date (earliest, it\'ll be late fall I think).

My $0.02 worth.

PERM process

Hi,

My labour is applied in EB2/RIR/NJ SESA on Mar 2 2002 and I\'m also thinking of filing my labour from Delaware state,where labour processing time is current.

By considering the new PERM process,can anyone guide me is it a good idea to file another labour from Delaware or wait for the new PERM process to come into effect.

Thanks for your comments
Kjan

what effect would "Out-of-Status" have...

Do we get our Labor Certification approved without problem under PERM program if we are "Out-Of-Status" before??

No Title

From reading the PERM rule, it says that all currently pending LCs to be completed by 09/30/2003 in order so PERM to take effect. So does this means that we will get an answer about out pending applications by 09/30/2003.

Existing applications

This is what I found on shusterman.com in the PERM document regarding existing applications

(3) Employers that filed applications under the regulations that
were in effect prior to ______, 2002, may refile such cases under the
current regulations without loss of the filing date by:
    (i) Submitting an application on behalf of an identical job
opportunity filed under the regulations that were in effect prior to
______, 2002, if the employer has complied with all of the filing and
recruiting requirements of the current regulations; and
    (ii) Identifying and withdrawing the application involving the
identical job opportunity pending under the regulations effective prior
to ______, 2002.