PERM process

yogkc

Registered Users (C)
Can someone explain to me regarding PERM Process? It's for Eb2 (systems administrator) - B.S. degree + 5 yrs exp

So far we have done
- 2 sundays newspaper ad
- ad with Careerbuilder.com

what are the other steps needed to be done before filing for PERM?

Thanks in advance

Secondary Recruiting Stepss:(There are 10 options, you have to choose three, one is career builder you already completed)
- job fairs
- employer's web site
- job search website other than the employer
- on-campus recruiting
- trade or professional organizations
- private employment firms
- employee referral program with incentives
- campus placement offices
- local and ethnic newspapers
- radio and television advertising

you also need 30 days SWA job order, PWD from SWA and Notice of Filing for 10 consecutive business days.

Then there is a quiet period of 30 days(one of the three secondary recruiting steps may occur during this period) and you are ready to file.

gdhiren, thanks for your reply.

can you please explain more about "you also need 30 days SWA job order, PWD from SWA" Does Employer need to signup with SWA for job order?

Thanks again

Thanks gdhiren!!!

Finally we got the PWD from SWA.

What wage level should I fall under? Will Wage Level 3 will be okay for EB2?

yogkc said:
Thanks gdhiren!!!

Finally we got the PWD from SWA.

What wage level should I fall under? Will Wage Level 3 will be okay for EB2?

Depending on SOC/O*NET code you use and what the job duties include, it can be anywhere from skill level II to skill level IV. Yours will be a business necessity case for BS+5 so be prepared in case they ask, most cases get approved without been asked though. The system is prepared to be random in asking for business necessity.

Thanks again gdhiren. You seem to be very knowledegable in PERM field.

I have another query.... When the job was posted @ jobsearch.org the salary range is $26.27 per hour (Level II) but I am already making $35 per hour (more than Level III) with the same company.

Is it going to be a problem? I don't trust the law firm :( It seems they don't know what they are doing.

yogkc said:
Thanks again gdhiren. You seem to be very knowledegable in PERM field.

I have another query.... When the job was posted @ jobsearch.org the salary range is $26.27 per hour (Level II) but I am already making $35 per hour (more than Level III) with the same company.

Is it going to be a problem? I don't trust the law firm :( It seems they don't know what they are doing.

the Job advertisement must not contain the rate less than PWD rate and also should not contain the the rate less than which is being offered to others on the same postion at the company. It's best not to publish rate at all in Ads. In your case if they are specifying range and $26.27/hr is the minimum then it may not be a problem. Otherwise in case of an audit, it may create a problem as they are offering you more than to a willing and qualified American Worker.
This is what I think, I am not 100% sure.