PERM Priority Date

JT_PERM

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Anyone else received LC through PERM and filed I-140/I-485?

My LC was obtained through PERM, and on my I-485 receipt, the box for "Priority Date" is blank. Is this an error? Should the filing date of the PERM application be the priority date?

Thanks

concurrent filing

No JT. Its not a mistake. The priority date will be shown on your I-140 approval notice. Mine was approved in July and PD was there. Don't Panic ! :)

ranarules said:
No JT. Its not a mistake. The priority date will be shown on your I-140 approval notice. Mine was approved in July and PD was there. Don't Panic ! :)

Thanks for the reply. It's such a relief!

I carefully scrutinized all of my receipts (I-485/I140/EAD/AP) and everything is blank for the priority date.

So what became your PD when your I-140 was approved? you went through PERM?

Yup. It's exactly what I was looking for.

By the way, care to share your RD/ND/ADs? Which Service Center?

Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
HI Ranarules,

Great to hear about your progress.

I just hear from my future employer. My PERM was filed on 06/28/05 an it got approved today, 08/05/2005. Could you please explain what are the next steps as I do have a very little clue about them.Will the 380 and 485 be filed together ?

Also, my employer told me that I have to hurry since the PD for EB2 is only till Sep 05 (or something similar). Any idea what that means ? How much time should I expect for the final card and when I can get the EAD ?

Would appreciate if you can enlighten me on some of this stuff.

Thanks,
Rahul

Hi Rahul, I am under EB3 so I am nor sure about EB2. Anyhow, as long as your labor is done, you can proceed with filing concurrent I140 and I485.

Your lawyer will give you a check list for I140/485 and will ask for a company letter stating your employment offer and salary. The approved labor must e signed by your employer and a copy should be kept in the office.

The lawyer will then file for your !140 and 485. Depending on your service center, you should get your I140 approved within 2-3 months hopefully. After that, they will send you your EAD card.

Final GC may take up to 1.5 yrs depending on your case and above all Luck!. Wish you all the best. Try to file your I140/485 a.s.a.p. For 485, get a medical done from a regsitered physician in your area of residence cause this may speed up the process.

Your laywer is the best guy to answer all these questions though!

I wish I could tell you about the magic! My lawyer advised me that in Perm, one has to file 140/485 together and we did. We filed before July 31 and i guess it went through. I received both receipts in 5 days and then I-140 was approved in about 14 days.

May be you do not know you are in EB2 or USCIS accepted your I-485 by mistake. The EB3 is regressed since Jan 2005. Let us know your LC job requirements, by that we can say whether you are EB2 or EB3.

ranarules said:
I wish I could tell you about the magic! My lawyer advised me that in Perm, one has to file 140/485 together and we did. We filed before July 31 and i guess it went through. I received both receipts in 5 days and then I-140 was approved in about 14 days.

Nope. I am EB3. USCIS was accepting 485 applications prior to June 30. I guess even JT filed his at VSC on June 29th.

ranarules said:
Nope. I am EB3. USCIS was accepting 485 applications prior to June 30. I guess even JT filed his at VSC on June 29th.

Then you must not be from India / China or Philippines

The recent EB3 retrogression began on July 1, 2005 when the Department of State announced in the June 2005 visa bulletin that they had ran out of visa numbers for Fiscal 2005. Since the visa bulletin takes effect only starting the following month, it was possible to file I-485 under EB3 as long as it was received by the service center by June 30, 2005.

Visa numbers for Fiscal 2006 will become available again on October 1, 2005, so assuming no additional retrogression, one would be able to file I-485 starting this October. The exact visa availability would be announced in September when the Department of State issues the monthly visa bulletin for October.

Ranarules: I wonder why your applications were processed so quickly... much quicker than the normal processing time stated on their website, right? Another friend who filed at the CSC got his EAD approved last week, too. I hope I will get mine soon!

EB2 Retrogression

Hi, I'm on H4 and my husband's PERM process has just begun. I meant it's now in recruitment stage. His lawyer said, they are going to file for LC on 3rd Oct 2005. He has MS in Computer Science from the US plus 4 years of experiance and his title is senior member of technical staff. Does anybody have any idea regarding the length of LC decision? Once the labor is cleared can we file I140/I485 concurrently. Or, can anyone advice me on the retrogression of EB2.? We are filing from California.
Thanks.
-Aj

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ajbu, The PERM will take any where from 3 days to 60 days. After filing labor, you guys should start preparing the check list for I 140 and 485.

Depending upon the retrogession, you should file both 140 & 485 a.s.a.p. EB2 is okay for now but they are projecting retrogression by Thanksgiving.

A friend of mine living in San Diego got his labor done in 23 days. All the best and please check all documents before your lawyer files them. It is a common pratice to have wrong job titles, DOB's and salary on your application as lawyers use their staff to fill up the forms. :)