PERM Filing - Audit/Review Status

For Sparc

Sparc, can you give us some more details about your case? When did you apply and to which center, Atlanta or Chicago?
About the audit letter, would be better to consult an attorney about what is best to do from now on.
Please, let us know also what they asked in the audit letter

Regards

Apply Date: June 20th, 2005 - Chicago
Receive Audit Notification Letter: July 19th, 2005 - Chicago

Request Documents:
1) A copy of Audit Notification
2) A copy of submitted ETA Form 9080
3) Proof of business necessity
4) Documentation outlined in 656.17(d)
5)Recruitment Documentation
a) Recruitment report
b) PW Determination
c) Documentation outlined in 656.17(e)

irinastaicu said:
Sparc, can you give us some more details about your case? When did you apply and to which center, Atlanta or Chicago?
About the audit letter, would be better to consult an attorney about what is best to do from now on.
Please, let us know also what they asked in the audit letter

Regards

Chicago Desi said:
Thanks. Here is the link.
although it says that no single foreign state can exceed 7%, there is no reason why everyone would not retrogress. if what you are saying is true, why did EB-3 other workers category retrogress for all countries?

sparc said:
Apply Date: June 20th, 2005 - Chicago
Receive Audit Notification Letter: July 19th, 2005 - Chicago

Request Documents:
1) A copy of Audit Notification
2) A copy of submitted ETA Form 9080
3) Proof of business necessity
4) Documentation outlined in 656.17(d)
5)Recruitment Documentation
a) Recruitment report
b) PW Determination
c) Documentation outlined in 656.17(e)
sparc:

might be helpful if you provide:

1. Job Title
2. Education and Experience Requirements
3. PW level

thanks!

wildscenebob said:
although it says that no single foreign state can exceed 7%, there is no reason why everyone would not retrogress. if what you are saying is true, why did EB-3 other workers category retrogress for all countries?
do the math: you need less than 14 countries to request %7. i guess there are much more than 14.since this is not unlimited number, in one point every year it suppose to end... just wait for october 1st for the new cup.

conversion question

Does anyone know that if one wants to file a conversion case (RIR to PERM) do they first have to withdraw the case or they can just file by answering the first 2 questions of PERM form

When you request to keep PD in your PERM application, your old LC will automatically considered as being withdrawn. You do not need to withdraw explicitly.
sourcefactor said:
Does anyone know that if one wants to file a conversion case (RIR to PERM) do they first have to withdraw the case or they can just file by answering the first 2 questions of PERM form

knowDOL said:
When you request to keep PD in your PERM application, your old LC will automatically considered as being withdrawn. You do not need to withdraw explicitly.

Thanks knowDOL this was helpful

Call Chicago PERM Center

To all who are awaiting a decision from the Chicago PERM Center,

I am sure a lot of us are getting impatient about the status on our cases - especially those who have been in Final Review since June 24 or earlier whereas cases filed in Atlanta are being certified in a week or two.
If we can call up the Chicago PERM center (the number is 312 886 8000) and ask about the status of our cases with the case number, maybe someone will find something useful.
I am also going to try calling them shortly and will post an update if I find something.

As it seems from everyone's experience, it is not over yet till you actually get the certified LC in your hands; even an online 'Certified' status is no good. And with the retrogression in Sep being a certainty, we should not lose any time.

Thanks and hope to hear something positive from someone.
Best wishes to everyone.

Help!

My employer filed PERM LC applications but all were denied. All applications were submitted after July 11, so I think the system problem is less. I check all my posting dates and they are all satisfied.

O*Net™ JobZone: 4 (BS + 2~4 years of experience)
PWD Level 3

The job requirement is MS + 3 years or Ph.D. + 1 year

H.12: Yes (means job requirements are normal)

I thought PWD Level 3 should give a good reason for the job requirement to be considered normal. Will this the major reason of denial? Has anybody successfully get into the system after changing H.12 to No but was denied when H.12 was yes?

Please help!!!!!! Thanks.

Audit!

Hi,

My case was in audit review for the last couple of weeks. Finally, yesterday, my attorney got a letter from DOL saying that they need a whole bunch of documents (see posting by "Sparc"). I hope to gather all this and mail it next week. Has anyone gone through this process? I would appreciate any advice. Thx.

Stats:

EB2 (MS + 1yr, Software) Case Filed: 06/28/05
Sponsorship Phone Call: 07/04/05
Audit Letter: 07/21/05

Hi, Sparc:

Does your old application status get changed or not? If your new application get certified, how do you deal with old one, withdraw or ignore it?You can send private message if you like.

Perm_J

Bystander6 said:
My employer filed PERM LC applications but all were denied. All applications were submitted after July 11, so I think the system problem is less. I check all my posting dates and they are all satisfied.

PWD Level 3

I thought PWD Level 3 should give a good reason for the job requirement to be considered normal. Will this the major reason of denial? Has anybody successfully get into the system after changing H.12 to No but was denied when H.12 was yes?

WHAT DOES YOUR LAWYER SAY? maybe it was denied because the ONET and the job requirement are not the same! (MS vers. BS) please update us... :cool:

According to my lawyer

MS+3 = BS+5. So you can't say yes to H12.

Bystander6 said:

PWD Level 3

meg_z said:
MS+3 = BS+5. So you can't say yes to H12.

Yes, you are right. Today my employer changed H.12 to No and H.10 to Yes and it went through.

Thanks for those who tried to help me.

Good News: No retrogression for EB2 in Sept 2005

EB2 guys,

There would be no retrogression for EB2 in Sept 2005. Today, Immigration visa bulleting published, go through the following link:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/b...letin_2616.html

Also from Oct 2005 new year for USCIS will start so more visa numbers for everty category. It looks like EB2 will remain current for couple of months at least.

Please use this thread to post your status to this thread if your application is in Audit/REview status also responsd with how your attorney answered the audit/review.
guy's,

It is really a bad day for me.Today, My lawyer sent mail saying that My PERM is selected for Audit and it is random.We dispatched all document to DOL.And, normal processing time can be quick as 3 months.If not it may take 1 to 2 years.
Please, I need some sort of Inputs from some who was in same situation and go the PERM approved.How much time will it take.what my lawyer said is correct or not.