PERM application in this economy

vsreeniv

Registered Users (C)
I would like to know what happens in the following scenario in this economy for labor certifications. If at the end of the recruitment process, there are qualified US citizens what are the next steps?
1. Does the company have to hire the US citizen and let you go?
2. If I have still many years left on my H1, can the company abandon the PERM process and start it again when the economy recovers?

If the immigration attorney does not like your resume because they think they'll get qualified job applications during the advertising phase they will not proceed with your case. There will not be a PERM application with 5 qualified U.S. citizen resumes enclosed to DOL. What's the point of that? That said the company is certainly not obligated to hire the first qualifying American who sends in his/her resume in response to the advertisement.

You can work under H-1B and wait. Or your company may tell you to do so. But you lose time by doing that. Your priority date could be March 2009 if you start it now. So why wait and make it March 2012? This economy still has a long way ahead to go from bad to worse and after that a LOT LONGER way to recover. The bad time will outlive your H-1B. Survivors are the winners. And to survive you need to do all that you can as soon as you can.

Just my personal opinion.

If the immigration attorney does not like your resume because they think they'll get qualified job applications during the advertising phase they will not proceed with your case. There will not be a PERM application with 5 qualified U.S. citizen resumes enclosed to DOL. What's the point of that? That said the company is certainly not obligated to hire the first qualifying American who sends in his/her resume in response to the advertisement.
You can work under H-1B and wait. Or your company may tell you to do so. But you lose time by doing that. Your priority date could be March 2009 if you start it now. So why wait and make it March 2012? This economy still has a long way ahead to go from bad to worse and after that a LOT LONGER way to recover. The bad time will outlive your H-1B. Survivors are the winners. And to survive you need to do all that you can as soon as you can.

Just my personal opinion.

PERM processing is not possible when there are qualified and willing USCs and LPRs desiring the job.