Period of Stay Provisions for TNs extended!

srikala

Registered Users (C)
Period of Stay Provisions for TNs extended!

On October 14, 2008, CIS announced a final rule increasing the period of stay for TNs. The rule changes the initial period of admission for TN workers from one year to three years.

The new rule also allows eligible TN nonimmigrants to be granted an extension of stay in increments of up to three years, as opposed to the current maximum of one year.

TN nonimmigrants are not subject to a maximum period of stay and thus may seek multiple readmissions or extensions, provided their intended professional activity continues and they remain otherwise eligible.

This new rule may make the TN category more appealing to Canadian and Mexican citizens, and in turn, open up more available H-1B numbers for other nationalities.

http://www.lawbench.com/immigration-news/cis-increases-period-of-stay-provisions-for-tns-under-nafta

I got a e mail copy of letter from my buddy 's attorny that on oct 16 they finally started on boarder for 3 yrs of TN and he's goin on mexican boarder next week so,I will keep you posted....