Pending I-485 Applications at Field Offices

ZKHAN

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone contacted Mr Khatri by filing DHS Form 7001??
I am particulary interested in hearing from people who have cases pending at DC office.
I found this information in Sheela Murthy's latest news letter.
The Ombudsman's Office has been urging the field offices to undertake an accounting of all cases awaiting adjudication and institute a schedule to complete those cases. To date, however, the field offices have not cooperated in inventorying all of their pending cases and, as a result, many cases are unaccounted for, with applicants unable to obtain status information on their cases. Mr. Khatri requested conference participants whose cases were last known to have been transferred to a field office, and that have been pending at that field office for an extended period of time, to submit a "DHS Form 7001" (linked above), as well as send an eMail to his office, so that he may follow up with that office.
Conclusion
Mr. Khatri stated that the USCIS service centers and most field offices are providing good service to a lot of people. This is not always the case, unfortunately. The Ombudsman's role is to make sure that the service centers and field offices continue to improve their services and eliminate systemic problems. One of the great tools that enables the Ombudsman to fulfill his role is the teleconferences that he holds on a regular basis. The Murthy Law Firm will continue to participate in these conferences to report updated information to MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talking with lawyer about Form7001

I found this information very encouraging and it looks like Mr. Khatri atleast paid attention to some of our concerns otherwise they wouldn't have created Form7001 to track these problems. I will check with my lawyer about filing this form in next couple of weeks.

The below sentence makes me feel stupid. If that is correct, they are not performing their basic duties.

"the field offices have not cooperated in inventorying all of their pending cases and, as a result, many cases are unaccounted for, with applicants unable to obtain status information on their cases."

Thanks

I am particulary interested in hearing from people who have cases pending at DC office.
The Ombudsman's Office has been urging the field offices to undertake an accounting of all cases awaiting adjudication and institute a schedule to complete those cases. To date, however, the field offices have not cooperated in inventorying all of their pending cases and, as a result, many cases are unaccounted for, with applicants unable to obtain status information on their cases. Mr. Khatri requested conference participants whose cases were last known to have been transferred to a field office, and that have been pending at that field office for an extended period of time, to submit a "DHS Form 7001" (linked above), as well as send an eMail to his office, so that he may follow up with that office.
Conclusion
Mr. Khatri stated that the USCIS service centers and most field offices are providing good service to a lot of people. This is not always the case, unfortunately. The Ombudsman's role is to make sure that the service centers and field offices continue to improve their services and eliminate systemic problems. One of the great tools that enables the Ombudsman to fulfill his role is the teleconferences that he holds on a regular basis. The Murthy Law Firm will continue to participate in these conferences to report updated information to MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers.

Is your case stuck in DC office??
Please do post if you learn anything new from you attorney.

My I-485 was transfered to Chicago asylum office for processing since sept 06. Applied for GC Aug 2003. Had 2 set of fingerprints done and 2 medical examinations done. After that my I485 was transferred. I have called and written to this office mutiple times to check why is taking so long, but I have not gotten my questions answered. Consulted a lawyer and was told I needed to wait. But how long do I need to wait? Chicago is processing I-485 within 6 months. Seems to me this case is "frozen".
Has anyone gone through this and what suggestions do you have for me?
What is the procedure for processing I485?
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I can not find the DHS 7001 form? can you attach here? Thanks

Conclusion