pending green card for my husband-worried i will be out of status

oldschool

Registered Users (C)
good day to everybody. i would like to present my case to anyone who can help me sort out or give an idea on what to do. i am on an h4 visa. i am worried that i would go out of status if my husband would receive his green card. my husband's coemployee which was filed a month earlier last year (september) for green card got approved. my husband's petition was filed last october and i am just assuming that his approval would be also anytime within next month or the month after. my questions are would i be out of status when my husband receive his green card (i was not put as addendum on the application for immigrant status); if in case his immigrant status is approved, would it be easier for me to get a green card also; are there any chances that i can be put as an addendum while his green card is still under process and has not been approved yet so that we will be approved for green card together? thank you very much.

my husband's petition was filed last october and i am just assuming that his approval would be also anytime within next month or the month after.

The only way this could happen is if your husband's priority date was current. If it is so, why have you not filed your own I-485??

my questions are would i be out of status when my husband receive his green card

Yes, but if it's an employment-based case you can claim 245k relief and file your own I-485 up to 180 days after his I-485 is approved.

are there any chances that i can be put as an addendum while his green card is still under process and has not been approved yet so that we will be approved for green card together?

Absolutely! There's no "addendum", you just file an I-485 of your own. I'm baffled that this has not been done, assuming his priority date is current.