Pending AP after GC approved

mv1211

Registered Users (C)
I have a question. I had an RFE for my pending AP. I did not reply yet but have the documents ready. Since my GC got approved yesterday, what should I do?

1. Should I just ignore the RFE and wait for denial of AP?
2. Should I send the RFE reply?
3. Should I withdraw my AP? How does one do that?

I am not loosing my sleep over it but was interested to know.

Thanks,
MV

You can do either of options 1 and 2. If you respond to the RFE, they will most likely deny your AP petition based on your GC approval. If you don't send the RFE response, they will most likely make a decision when they review your application upon expiration of response time.

I had a pending EAD and they denied it citing the reason that my AOS has been approved.

Glad that you're not losing sleep over it :)

Easiest is 1 and it also suits my lifestyle :). So 1 it is.

Now since I have been promised the green I want to see the green.

Dude, Where's My Car'd'?

MV

Yeah man. That was the beginning of Kutcher...perhaps the end too in movies :).

I liked that Sean William guy. You dont see him any more. He rocked in American Pie.

Hey since I dont want ppl to get ticked off cos of non-immigrant discussion so I have a question for you?

I recently heard green card is not green. What color is it? :)

Why do they have to make life complex?

MV

I have a question. I had an RFE for my pending AP. I did not reply yet but have the documents ready. Since my GC got approved yesterday, what should I do?

1. Should I just ignore the RFE and wait for denial of AP?
2. Should I send the RFE reply?
3. Should I withdraw my AP? How does one do that?

I am not loosing my sleep over it but was interested to know.

Thanks,
MV
mv1211, first congratulations and enjoy...
Either you send the RFE response or not, in both cases your AP will be denied.
I have seen this type of situation, in a thread post. As usual create service request to get rid of this. Thats it.
Better use your postage $$ for a good cake.;)
Sorry I was late, it is already answered.

If I were to send RFE reply for AP, I will make sure I send it the cheapest way this time.

I have given USPS enough with my certified and delivery confirmation express mails to USCIS Blackbox aka Mailbox.

MV

Congratulations!!

I think you can just send a letter indicating that you already received the GC and no need for AP, may be include the RFE letter too, this way you will have a clean record. Saw this somewhere in murthy forum

I recently heard green card is not green. What color is it? :)

Why do they have to make life complex?

MV

You are right, it's actually beige. Somehow I too thought that it was green, I had to take it out of my wallet to figure out that it wasn't green. However, on the back, the words "PERMANENT RESIDENT" are printed in bold green. There's a broad magnetic strip on the back that looks like a photo film from one of those old cameras.

I actually dropped my GC after the IO gave it back to me at POE. The guy behind me picked it up and said, "You don't wanna lose this". I replied, "You bet, you just saved me another 8 years buddy".

You guys are making us jealous !!!!:D :D :D :D :D

You are right, it's actually beige. Somehow I too thought that it was green, I had to take it out of my wallet to figure out that it wasn't green. However, on the back, the words "PERMANENT RESIDENT" are printed in bold green. There's a broad magnetic strip on the back that looks like a photo film from one of those old cameras.

I actually dropped my GC after the IO gave it back to me at POE. The guy behind me picked it up and said, "You don't wanna lose this". I replied, "You bet, you just saved me another 8 years buddy".