Pending 485... Job Change... Please Help...

sns_luck

Registered Users (C)
Hello Experts!

I need some expert help from you guys.
My situation is as below, I am sure many people might be in the same boat, so wanted some suggestions...

My I-485 case is pending at VSC for 21 months now.
I am working as a contractor with a client 'CCC' through my employer 'AAA'. Now I have a good offer from my client 'CCC' to join them as a permanent employee.

And my Employer has made sure all GC papers starting from Labor/140/485/etc. are with them and the lawyer is the company in-house lawyer. Morever, the lawyer has not mentioned my home address in any of the GC application papers, so that I
find it extremely difficult to switch jobs before GC Approval.

And Now i do not want to lose this opportunity to join my client as a permanent employee.

1>. So can someone suggest how can I go forward on this and make sure I get through smoothly.

2>.I know i need to file AR-11 for Address Change
Can I file AR-11? Or I would need a lawyer to do that, coz my company lawyer will never help on that..
Where and how do can i do this? by calling VSC on phone, also is it required to send AR-11 paperwork?

3>.Also AC-21 for Employer/Job Changes.
Can I file AC-21 on my own? Or again would need a lawyer to do that..
Where/How do can i do this? by phone/paperwork....
What paperwork I need for above...
What kind of papers will I need to file AC-21? like job offer letter/new company tax papers for the new position...

4>. Should above steps be taken before I start the new position
or can be done after that...

5>. Also what are the risks involved doing all this... like RFE or anything from BCIS side...
I read somewhere one should stay with your employer for 6 months after GC Approval.

6>. I have to do all above without the knowledge of my employer.
Can my employer do anything that will go against my pending 485 case, like revoke 140 or 485 or Labor or anything that will make my case complicated.

Please suggest!
Thanks, always.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hire a new lawyer and fill a new G28 to take of your case.

You do not need to file AR11 unless you are changing your address.

Make sure you have the following when you leave the company

-- All Paystubs/checks
-- Experience Letter with salary, Job title and Job description as mentioned in your GC LC.

-- All documentation related to GC like Copy of LC, I140 Approval, I485 Receipt etc. If you do not have these you may request your new lawyer to request these from your old lawyer.

If the old lawyer does not cooperate some of the documentation can be obtained see below links

http://boards.immigration.com/showt...&highlight=foia

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/g-639.htm

-- Make sure you are not fired with any reason of misconduct.

Since your employer is not cooperating , your II40 and I485 applications may be revoked. This should not be a problem for you as long as you have approved I140 and completed >180 days on your I485 but in some cases can create delays. see the below link.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103003

Wish you all the best.