PD current, RFE issued and replied, What to Expect?

gcnohope

Registered Users (C)
PD current, RFE issued and replied, is there any hope?

My PD has become current for my 485 on May 1st. They issued an RFE on june 1st, got it on Jun 12th and replied to it. The status has changed to

On June 16, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

There were LUD's on 16th, 17th, 19th and 20th of this month.

The dates of processing are current as you can see from my signature.

What should I Expect as I have to move to a new place in August. Thanks in advance for your suggestions and advise.

Category EB2
PD July 2002
140/485 RD March 2005
140 AD June 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,

I am in a similar situation (EB2 worldwide, PD 4/2003, I-140 approved 2/06) and have responded to very simple I-485 RFEs recently (birth certificate and last I-94). LUDs following RFEs received by USCIS on 5/24 and 5/25 for myself and 5/31, 6/01, 6/02, 6/03 with same message as yours.
I was expecting approval within 2-3 weeks based on few other posts I have seen but so far the nerve-racking wait still continues.

Hope for the best very soon

Seems like a trick again

I have exactly the same situation as you guys. I am thinking this might me a trick again. We just wait in an different line. If they really want to approve our case, it is not necessary to change out status message like that. I can tell all the cases in 2001 and 2002, even 2003, they issued REF for one reason or another, but no one is approved so far.

Hope I am wrong, but I think that is what is happening.

GOD bless.

GED69 said:
Hi there,

I am in a similar situation (EB2 worldwide, PD 4/2003, I-140 approved 2/06) and have responded to very simple I-485 RFEs recently (birth certificate and last I-94). LUDs following RFEs received by USCIS on 5/24 and 5/25 for myself and 5/31, 6/01, 6/02, 6/03 with same message as yours.
I was expecting approval within 2-3 weeks based on few other posts I have seen but so far the nerve-racking wait still continues.

Hope for the best very soon

Hi Tiredofwaiting

From what I have seen around me, I do not share your pessimism. The LUD message after USCIS has received the responses to RFEs is standard these days. Guys in similar situation around me got approvals between 2 to 5 weeks after they responded to RFEs and had the same LUD message. Of course, I am not talking here about retrogressed cases under preadjudication - In that case, as announced by USCIS earlier, RFEs are just sent to have the files as ready as possible when the PD will become current.
For us the situation is different and approval of EB2 cases in NSC with current PD who have responded to simple RFEs should happen within weeks 2 weeks or 6 weeks that what concerns me at this time. Again I do not have any example around me that let me think differently.

Good luck to all of us

Just to be on safe side, call them up and make sure, they have your files under correct category. I found out mine was under EB-3 shelf, when I am EB-2 and waiting for my approval after the PD became current.

After I called, the rep moved the files to different shelf, and later I got my approval within 2 weeks.

Good Luck for you guys.

Baski555

Thanks Baski for your response. I have one more question, Is it better to wait for a couple of weeks before calling them or should we call them immediately.

You dont need to wait. I used to call them when ever I have time. But do not talk to the contract-customer service guys and initiate query. Try to talk to the IO. You may ask them, what is happening with your case and where is the file now, when it will be assigned to an officer and etc.

Hope this helps.

gcnohope said:
Thanks Baski for your response. I have one more question, Is it better to wait for a couple of weeks before calling them or should we call them immediately.

Hi..

Baski seems to be expert. Good job Baski answering questions like this.

How is the life going on?

baski555 said:
Just to be on safe side, call them up and make sure, they have your files under correct category. I found out mine was under EB-3 shelf, when I am EB-2 and waiting for my approval after the PD became current.

After I called, the rep moved the files to different shelf, and later I got my approval within 2 weeks.

Good Luck for you guys.

Baski555

let us keep our fingers cross

Dear Friends:

Thanks for the explanation and we will keep our fingers cross. What I thought was they might do some pre-processing.

God bless!

GED69 said:
Hi Tiredofwaiting

From what I have seen around me, I do not share your pessimism. The LUD message after USCIS has received the responses to RFEs is standard these days. Guys in similar situation around me got approvals between 2 to 5 weeks after they responded to RFEs and had the same LUD message. Of course, I am not talking here about retrogressed cases under preadjudication - In that case, as announced by USCIS earlier, RFEs are just sent to have the files as ready as possible when the PD will become current.
For us the situation is different and approval of EB2 cases in NSC with current PD who have responded to simple RFEs should happen within weeks 2 weeks or 6 weeks that what concerns me at this time. Again I do not have any example around me that let me think differently.

Good luck to all of us