PD And RD Date Confusion After Talking To TSC.

texanz

Registered Users (C)
All,

Till today I was under impression that the priority date (PD) is the date when I submitted my LABOR application.
I have the I140 approved with the PD CLEARLY mentioned as Oct. 2002 in approval notice.
I am under impression that my case EB2 from India will be current from April 1st. 2008.

Today I called TSC IO and she asked for the PD. I told her that it is Oct. 2002.She explained me that I should hear something on the case before April 30th bla bla bla...etc. After I hung up then I looked for my I485 receipt again. I realised the Priority date cloumn is blank on I485 receipt.

I called again to the TSC with options of correcting typos i(nstead of POJ method.) in the documentation etc. The another represenattive came up on the line. I explained her that the PD column in my receipt is blank. Then she expalined me back again the RD is the PD for my I485 application. They will go by that date instead of the labor application date.

Guys I know something is missing here. I am sure her information is wrong.

I want to know if you all guys have the PD mentioned as the labor date files on your I485 receipts? or it is blank like what I got.

Is this the blank priority date column is the thing one should really worry about? I remember there was a thread on all this long ago.

Please share your thoughts.

If this is true then it will put me back in the waiting line for few more years to come.

Any thoughts!

The priority date on I-485 receipt is ALWAYS blank. Your priority date for employment-based immigration that requires labor certification is the labor certification application date and for those that do not require labor certification, it is the I-140 submission date.

Priority date will always be on your I-140 approval notice.

The CSR did not explain herself well. True, processing is by I-485 receipt date but the priority date must be current first before consideration is given to receipt date.

For me also, the priority date is blank on the 485 receipt.

However, my labor priority date is dec-2003(Labor Substitution) and my I-140 does not show dec-2003 as priority date but shows sep-30-2005 as priority date (which is the same as my 140 receipt date)

Is something missing here? For labor substitution, dont they have the actual labor priority dates on 140?

In other words, shd I consider my priority date as dec-2003 or sep-2005?

please advise.

Priority date column will be always empty on I-485

Dont worry, the priority date column will be blank on everybody's I-485.
But you need to talk to your attorney about your priority date mistake on your I-140. You supposed to have Dec-2003 in the priority date column instead of the RD. Otherwise you will lose lot of priority as you know well about it.

For me also, the priority date is blank on the 485 receipt.

However, my labor priority date is dec-2003(Labor Substitution) and my I-140 does not show dec-2003 as priority date but shows sep-30-2005 as priority date (which is the same as my 140 receipt date)

Is something missing here? For labor substitution, dont they have the actual labor priority dates on 140?

In other words, shd I consider my priority date as dec-2003 or sep-2005?

please advise.