Paying tax with a tax id number

mildad83

Hi I over stayed my time! I got a tax id number back in 01 or 02. I have never had a job from that required a ssn I have always worked off the books till now! I recently got a job as an independent contractor that requires a ssn for paying taxes on your own, so I used my tax id number.

So my question is will I run into any problems working and paying taxes with a tax id number on a over stayed 6 month visa? I do plan on getting married and getting a Green Card/Citizenship in the near future.

Thanks for the hell.

Define "run into any problems". Yes, you are out of status and can be deported. That is a problem. You are required to pay taxes, so it's good that you are doing that. If you get married to a US citizen, you should be able to do Adjustment of Status with no problems.

Okay thanks for you quick reply, so do I go to any tax office and pay as normal or is there a specific tax form I should use?

Okay thanks for you quick reply, so do I go to any tax office and pay as normal or is there a specific tax form I should use?
The same form as other Americans. Form 1040. Maybe other forms or schedules are needed depending on your income situation.