Pay Stub and H1 Transfer

OneMoreIndian

Registered Users (C)
1. I have an H1 currently with company A. I want to transfer my H1B to company B. Can I apply for the transfer though no new H1 visas is available.

2. Do we need to send pay stubs of old company when I apply for H1B transfer.

3. Can anybody elaborate the list of documents used for H1 B transfer.

4. Can i start working working for the new employer after filing for H1B transfer (and not waiting for approval)

Please Help
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Basic H1 transfer questions

I have the same questions as "OneMoreIndian". Can you please help us out?

Also, which form needs to be filed? I-129 or I-539?

Thanks.

OneMoreIndian said:
1. I have an H1 currently with company A. I want to transfer my H1B to company B. Can I apply for the transfer though no new H1 visas is available.

2. Do we need to send pay stubs of old company when I apply for H1B transfer.

4. Can i start working working for the new employer after filing for H1B transfer (and not waiting for approval)

Please Help
Thanks

OneMoreIndian said:
1. I have an H1 currently with company A. I want to transfer my H1B to company B. Can I apply for the transfer though no new H1 visas is available. YES
2. Do we need to send pay stubs of old company when I apply for H1B transfer. YES
Same documents as new H1b + pay stub+ copy of I 94
4. Can i start working working for the new employer after filing for H1B transfer (and not waiting for approval). Once you have receipt number, be safer side
Please Help
Thanks

Thanks. What if the transfer gets rejected.

Hi Guys;

Thanks for your response. What happens if the transfer gets rejected.

What are my options when the transfer gets rejected.

thanks

I would suggest you to file H1 transfer under premium process so that you get result in 15 days. If transfer is rejected you can peacefully continue to work for present employer. It will be very risky if you file H1 transfer under normal process and join new employer on receipt if your transfer is rejected then you may be in big problem.

VP

OneMoreIndian said:
Hi Guys;

Thanks for your response. What happens if the transfer gets rejected.

What are my options when the transfer gets rejected.

thanks