Passports stamped today at Chicago Office !!

puneet_gcard

Registered Users (C)
Both myself and my wife were successful in getting our passports stamped today morning. The whole process was quite smooth and it took about 10 minutes at the Chicago Local Office. One thing I observed was that they were sending back people who did not carry INFOPASS appointment print out.

My appointment was at 7:30 and I reached the State St parking lot (6 bucks all day :D thanks to the advice of many users here in telling me about that) at 7am. We walked to the office at 7:15 and showed INFOPASS print out. Then we went up and got a token. Within 5 minutes it was our turn and we showed the courtesy copy approval notice to the Officer.

The officer took all our previous EAD's, AP's, I-94's and 2 photographs and she was quite friendly with us. Then she called us back to another window and made us sign and take a finger print and told us that the Card will arrive within 6-12 months time. Till then we can use this stamp for travelling etc etc...

Within 10 minutes we were out of there. I guess now it is time to join the Plastic Card tracker.. :) :)

Lastly I checked the I-551 stamp and have to say that I was expecting something with a photograph in it. But I guess they go by the photograph on the passport itself.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for helping out !! Please feel free to ask me any questions at any time.

Regards
Puneet...

puneet_gcard said:
Both myself and my wife were successful in getting our passports stamped today morning. The whole process was quite smooth and it took about 10 minutes at the Chicago Local Office. One thing I observed was that they were sending back people who did not carry INFOPASS appointment print out.

My appointment was at 7:30 and I reached the State St parking lot (6 bucks all day :D thanks to the advice of many users here in telling me about that) at 7am. We walked to the office at 7:15 and showed INFOPASS print out. Then we went up and got a token. Within 5 minutes it was our turn and we showed the courtesy copy approval notice to the Officer.

The officer took all our previous EAD's, AP's, I-94's and 2 photographs and she was quite friendly with us. Then she called us back to another window and made us sign and take a finger print and told us that the Card will arrive within 6-12 months time. Till then we can use this stamp for travelling etc etc...

Within 10 minutes we were out of there. I guess now it is time to join the Plastic Card tracker.. :) :)

Lastly I checked the I-551 stamp and have to say that I was expecting something with a photograph in it. But I guess they go by the photograph on the passport itself.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for helping out !! Please feel free to ask me any questions at any time.

Regards
Puneet...

Congratulation! ;)

Now you can join the NSC Plastic Tracker club. :D

How many infopass appointment needed?

Please tell me how may infopass appointment needed for Chicago? Both my husband and my 485 have been approved on Oct-13-04.

Thanks!

A quick question

puneet_gcard said:

Regards
Puneet...

My I-485 was approved today and appointment in Nov 1st week at Chicago office. I have a quick question. I am moving to a new address in a week and I am expecting to receive plastic card to the new address. Did the officer ask you fill up any form with your address on it for receiving the plastic card?
Please advice. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
gcard2002,
Congratulations.
I had my stamping done yesterday. I will be moving in three weeks, and I gave the officer our new address. He cancelled out the address on the notice, and asked us to write down the new address. You can ask your officer to do the same.

Good luck

gcard2002 said:
My I-485 was approved today and appointment in Nov 1st week at Chicago office. I have a quick question. I am moving to a new address in a week and I am expecting to receive plastic card to the new address. Did the officer ask you fill up any form with your address on it for receiving the plastic card?
Please advice. Thanks.

I really dont remember filling out any form for address. I think they go by the address on approval notice. Just specify to the officer about the new address..