Passport timeline

dw2005

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Has anyone applied for US passport recently? I submitted my application for regular processing on 11/23/05. It is over 6 weeks now, it is still under processing when i called the passport agency this afternoon? The State Dept web site says within 6wks for regular processing. thanks.

That is a little abnormal. I applied on 11/29/05 in Chicago for normal processing and received it on 12/21/05. I guess it depends on the backlog at the various processing centers. I am glad that you at least know that they are processing it. Did you check the online status? Mine got updated only a couple of days before they mailed it.
Good luck!

v_m

dw2005 said:
Hi,

Has anyone applied for US passport recently? I submitted my application for regular processing on 11/23/05. It is over 6 weeks now, it is still under processing when i called the passport agency this afternoon? The State Dept web site says within 6wks for regular processing. thanks.

I filed much later than you dw - on 12/20 regular process - I sort of regret that I didn't opt for expedited processing. Since the online status for passport tracking says that it still can't find my info, I panicked and called the 1-800 number for tracking passport. After trying several times and after a 15 minute wait, I actually got a human on the other end :rolleyes:

He said, they've just started the process in my case and I shouldn't be very much surprised if it takes longer than Feb 1 (which will be end of 6 weeks since I filed my PP app). He said they saw extraordinary volume in Dec and are slowly finishing the backlog that the Dec apps created. He said, max it will get delayed by another 2 weeks (i.e. 6 + 2). He also said, if I called a few weeks later, they would be able to tell me approximately how far into the process they are at with my app and mine was sent to the Philly office for processing.

Can you post when you receive yours? Can others who are waiting for their PP please post their timeline? Thanks.

I applied for the passport - regular processing - on 11/23 too from Atlanta but I've already received it on 12/22.

I was unable to track it's status online. So called the Cust Serv once a week just to verify. They always said that I should receive it by Jan2, 2005 - high holiday volume. Third week, when I called them, the lady verified all the info on the passport app, like name and mailing address and promised that we'll receive it in another week. Once it's been approved and was mailed out, only then we were able to check the status online.

Good luck!!!

Thanks guys for your replies.

I was also told the application may be delayed b/c of holiday. But Needurhelp applied on the same day also in Atlanta, he/she got the pp in 4 weeks.

When I called the pp agency, I was told my application was sent to the recently reopened New Orleans agency. Maybe this is the reason for the delay, unfortunately. But I don't know if applications from the same place can be sent to different pp agencies. If that was the case, I am just the unlucky one to be selected to try out the New Orleans pp agency grand reopening.

dw2005 said:
Thanks guys for your replies.

I was also told the application may be delayed b/c of holiday. But Needurhelp applied on the same day also in Atlanta, he/she got the pp in 4 weeks.

When I called the pp agency, I was told my application was sent to the recently reopened New Orleans agency. Maybe this is the reason for the delay, unfortunately. But I don't know if applications from the same place can be sent to different pp agencies. If that was the case, I am just the unlucky one to be selected to try out the New Orleans pp agency grand reopening.

My wife applied on 11/17/2005 from San Jose, California. Online status says that she will receive the same aroung 10th January 2006.

dilipjaju said:
My wife applied on 11/17/2005 from San Jose, California. Online status says that she will receive the same aroung 10th January 2006.

My wife got her passport yesterday.