Passport Stamping w/o 485 Approval Notice

Lancer

Registered Users (C)
My wife hasn\'t got her 485 approval even though mine and children\'s were received two weeks ago.
See my details at http://www.geocities.com/ciba_2/I485/WebCSC.htm (Personal Experiences).

After calling 949-8318427 every night w/o good news,
we decided to do passport stamping at San Jose INS office first (Mar 12) instead of waiting for her approval.
She felt being deserted behind but knew that her approval shouldn\'t be too far away (not very sure).

After the stamping was done, I asked the officer to check my wife\'s case status (she was also there to learn the process for her turn next time).
To my surprise, the officer took a copy of her 485 receipt, checked the computer, then asked "Do you bring her (ADIT) pictures also?" (Yes!) and said "HER CASE HAS BEEN APPROVED!!!".
In two minutes, my wife\'s passport got stamped.
Her AD, according to the officer, is the SAME as mine: Feb 21. What a happy ending!!

Why the AVM is still not updated for her case?
Why no approval notice has been received yet?
How many systems does CSC have regarding to I485 cases??
I were too joyful to ask more questions.

My lawyer said that it might come from the missing in data entry at the final stage.
Who knows? I think we still need her approve notice for completeness, but it\'s no more urgent.

Based on my personal (3) experiences, the officers at San Jose INS are very helpful and considerate.
They also can access the CSC case status on computer.
I don\'t know if they can do anything if any error is found during the status checking.
Yes, they can.
Look, they have partially cured the CSC error of not sending the approval notice so that my wife needn\'t come to wait in line again.

If you really have strong intention to talk to an IIO about your case status in person, it should be a good place to go.
The only drawback is the wait, long long wait in line.
Once the problem can be solved, hours of waiting are still worthwhile.

I am so grateful to live in the jurisdiction of San Jose INS.

SC708

No Title

Hi SC708,

I am late in responding to your post again. :) You are such a
lucky guy! First, it was your speedy approval despite of finger
print rejection, and now you got your wife\'s passport stamped
without approval notice. Boy, luck is always on your side! Good
for you.

Your post is loaded up to Personal Experiences section under
passport stamp section. Thanks for sharing the experience.

ciba

No Title

Splendid post. Wish could rub against you a little, may be some of your luck will rub off on me.

Tried to get my FP done earlier than the scheduled date, was shown the door. Now that I have got my FP done, the INS seems to have gone mysteriosly slow. What a wonderful system and such a great economy!

No Title

Hi Endless,

There seems to be full of bad news lately: CSC is very slow, companies
are laying off workers, stock market plumets. But hang in there.

ciba

No Title

Thanks Ciba!

As usual you are the tireless lone ranger giving us hope and succor.
Carry on the good work.

EW

No Title

The same story (with happy end) happend to us.
My wife got an approval notice from March 8, but I never got mine.
AVM didn\'t say anything good for my status and actually, about my wife\'s status either.

So we went to a local INS, 5.5 hours standing (literally) in line and then within 5 minutes they checked my status, told us that it has been approved too and stamped our passports!