Passport stamping in NJ

v32

Registered Users (C)
Do anyone of know if passport stamping for green card is done in cherry hill,NJ ?

I tried to get an appointment thro infopass and i was given an appointment in Cherry hill office. They do not have a contact number either.. TIA

v32

I tried for zip code 07001 and 08536 (Edison and Plainsboro) I got appointment for Newark. They is no correct option for passport stamping so i have chosen "To Speak with Immigration officer"

Since they do not have the right option for stamping, people are misguided.

v32 you probably have an appointment in Cherry Hill because that office must be the closest to your zip code. I don't think they do stamping in that office.

Stamping done..

The following information is for all those who are waiting for their passport to be stamped. I personally went to both the offices to find out the right information.

For Princeton and down south areas - Cherry Hill provides passport stamping service, however you need to get an appointment thro infopass. I am not sure about walk-ins though. They do not have a contact number.

All other areas - Newark is the center. Newark does allow walk-ins on all days except wednesdays. You must have an appointment if you are going on a wednesday. Having an appointment reduces the wating time.

Walk-ins in newark are allowed only from 7:30 to 8:45, i guess. I was there by 8:00 and it took 1.5 hrs to reach the counter where i was given a token and i had to wait for another 1 hour at another counter to meet the officer. After submitting all the necessary documents, I waited for another 1 hour and finally got passport stamped.

The ADIT photos have changed to front facing, however they accept the old format until september 1st, 2004.
Good luck to all!!

v32

This is great help. Actually on my approval notice i was told to go on WED. I will try alone on WED, I will take appointement for my wife latter. With 2 small kids very difficult to wait for 3-4 hours.

My passport stamped at newark. v32 I did it on WED. Please check separate thread for complete details

My passport stamped at newark. v32 I did it on WED. Please check separate thread for complete details