Passport Stamping Experience

elcano

I had my passport stamped last week at the JFK Building in Boston,
MA. I arrived there around 11:00 AM, (that way I avoided the early
commute traffic to Boston). The Building is located in the North-West
corner of the Government Center. I took I-93 exit 24 and followed the
traffic signs to the Government Center, it was not difficult to find it. It was easy to find a parking lot there is one in front of the balding. (It is expensive, a little more than an hour was 16.00, but who cares, you are there to get your Passport stamped).
My letter said to go to room E-125. I could not find it, so I asked and was told to go instead to room E-160. I do not know why the letter mentioned the other room, it is not even listed in the building\'s directory. Prior to go into the mentioned room you have to stop in a "FORMS" module located in the same hall to get your fingerprints taken, once you walk into the room an INS officer reviews your letter and gives you a waiting number. The number said the estimated waiting time was 59:00 minutes. It was very accurate, I had to wait 1 hour to be called to a window. The lady in the window took away my AD, Advance Parole, I-94, fingerprint form (you do not have to fill it up, the only thing in the form are your fingerprints and signature) and the approval notice. She stamped the passport, wrote down in my passport my A# number. She told me "That stamp in your passport is your Green Card, you can use it for work, school, travel and everything you want until you receive the plastic card", the whole thing took no more than 2 minutes. The waiting time is due to the fact that you enter in a common queue and every window will receive all kind of applications for different things and some of those applications will require a long time to be processed.
OK guys I hope this experience could help. Good luck everyone.