Passport stamped this morning in Newark

ric2

Registered Users (C)
The whole process took about 2 hours. We were first in a wrong line. The correct line is at the BACK of the buliding, not the side of buidling. The officer
(1) take the finger print for us.
(2) take EAD/AP/APPROVAL NOTICE/I94.
(3) stamp the passport.

It is easy. The I-94 is the little white card attached to your passport.

the wait for plastic card continues.

Congrats ric!

Congrats ric!

BTW, just a question.
How many times do you think you called IIO?
I was wondering, if it affects anything? thanks.

Congrats..One more step done....Now wait for 18th SEp 2007...And U shall be on the citizenship forum...;)

Re: Congrats ric!

Hi, U Kumar,

I called them many times, maybe once every week on average. Sometimes I called them twice a week. IIO explicitly said calls neither facilitate nor postphone your processing. It makes sense. They are there to take calls. If you do not 'bother' them, somebody else will do. So to them, there is no difference.

Do not worry.

Originally posted by U Kumar
Congrats ric!

BTW, just a question.
How many times do you think you called IIO?
I was wondering, if it affects anything? thanks.

Haaa. Citizenship is one of the last things I should worry about. Now I am struggling whether I should quit my job to finish my Ph.D in statistics, or simply go back to medical practice, or just keep my curent status.

Geees. one problem after the other. But I guess I will not BEG anything like what I did for this GC. :)

Originally posted by asdasd
Congrats..One more step done....Now wait for 18th SEp 2007...And U shall be on the citizenship forum...;)

Thanks Ric.

I just called. IIO said, case not assigned.
Will take 3 -10 weeks for assignment & decision
if officers don't go on vacation.

Thanks!

RD 9/10/01

Re: Thanks Ric.

I am sorry to know you still stuck here, friend. Your turn should come soon. When my gc is approved, the only conclusion my wife and I draw is "this might be the last time to BEG"!!!

I wish you good luck. After this ordeal, all of pains will be gone.

Originally posted by U Kumar
I just called. IIO said, case not assigned.
Will take 3 -10 weeks for assignment & decision
if officers don't go on vacation.

Thanks!

RD 9/10/01

Question..Ric2

Congrats...ric2

question : Did you take ur SS Card too? Apparently original SS card is taken back by the INS and a new one is issued.

Is that true?

Calgal.

Re: Question..Ric2

No. They did not ask for SSN at all. Actually, I FORGOT about it. However, I do not think it is useful anyway. It is just a number. Nobody has looked at my card at all for the past 6 years here.

Originally posted by calgal
Congrats...ric2

question : Did you take ur SS Card too? Apparently original SS card is taken back by the INS and a new one is issued.

Is that true?

Calgal.

Ric2, Congrats on the stamping

get you SSN thing taken care of, On the SSN Admin computer system it still says "Valid for work with INS Authorization"

Someone on this board had posted a way of taking care of that and of how to go about doing it at the local SSA building.

cheers and all the best for future life.

P.S. do you work for a Pharma Company? Roche?

Ric 2 Congrats.. & a question for u

Congratulations on ur recent approval.. When u went for stamping today morning did the officer question u about the expired I-94 or did he ask u for the new 94 attached to ur H1??..Did u give them your expired 94's + the new ones ...Please clarify..&
Please post ur experience since i will be in the same boat once i get my approval...Thanks and Good Luck to U...

gcsep10
RD9/10/01

Re: Ric 2 Congrats.. & a question for u

Hi,

My I-94 has no expiry date. It is D/S (depend on status). When you come in as F-1, your I-94 is D/S. Maybe, if you come here as some other status, there might be expiration date on your I-94.

Originally posted by gcsep10
Congratulations on ur recent approval.. When u went for stamping today morning did the officer question u about the expired I-94 or did he ask u for the new 94 attached to ur H1??..Did u give them your expired 94's + the new ones ...Please clarify..&
Please post ur experience since i will be in the same boat once i get my approval...Thanks and Good Luck to U...

gcsep10
RD9/10/01

gcsep10, did yo u call IIO?

gcsep10, did yo u call IIO?
Since mine also rd 9/10, I was wondering what did
IIO say to you.
To me IIO said 3-10 weeks for assignment & decision. I called today. Thanks!

You quoted:

"My I-94 has no expiry date. It is D/S (depend on status). When you come in as F-1, your I-94 is D/S. Maybe, if you come here as some other status, there might be expiration date on your I-94. "

What? You came in on F1 and applied for GC and actually got it?

Obviously, you must have changed status before applying right?

Anyway, congratulations! That's a first I've seen for an F-1 holder....

Once again, two things

1) D/S is duration of status i.e. as long as whatever it was that you came to do - reason they do D/S for students as even if your visa is for 5 years sometimes you take more that 5 to finish a PhD (who knows what mean sucko advisor you work for - i was lucky, got out after an MS)

2) Most of my Chinese friends have had single entry visas and thus do the long F-1 to H-1 to GC route in one long haul - without ever getting a second I-94

U kumar...

Hey Kumar,
I had called yesterday and they said the case is ready to be assigned. My purpose was to see whether i needed to extend my EAD or wait and also to change my address.

IIO said that it is better to wait till the 1'st week of OCtober to renew by EAD and also that they are processing the first 2 weeks of September cases.She also told me that as of now there is no RFE.

Yesterday i posted a thread on the same issue and the conversation i had with iio.

Thanks buddy...
gcsep10