Passport stamp after I485 approval

isingh786

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Mine and my wife 485's got approved and Now we have to go for passport stamping.

My question is:

I will be on business trip on the day of appointment. so what are my options?

Do I have to appear in the same office as per application or can I go to some other office and get it stamped? Any implications of doing that.

I do not want to re-schedule the appointment (not even sure, if I can do that). It is been 8 years and now I got the approval and not even sure, if I can re-schedule the trip? My boss is going to be mad at me...please advise...

Regards,
Inder

You do not have to get the stamp. Also, if you want the stamp, you need to get it from USCIS office which has the jurisdiction over your place of residence.

Thanks Raevsky

Hi Raevsky,

Thanks much!!!

Our approval notice that I have to get it stamped otherwise the application will be deemed as abandoned.

so, I think..I donot have much options here. I am also going to check with Lawyer on this.

Thanks Again!!!!

Our approval notice that I have to get it stamped otherwise the application will be deemed as abandoned.
Which application will be deemed as abandoned? Did you fill out an application to get your passport stamped? That is very unusual. Even if it is abandoned and your passport is not stamped, that is OK.