Passport sent back with 'Cancelled without prejudice' Pl. urgent

sshah1001

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I withdrew my H1-revalidation so that I can send my I-797 original papers to my wife in India so that she can get her H4 visa stamped to come back to USA.

But, I received my passport with 'Cancelled without Prejudice' stamp on my previous expired H1 visa.

Will this create any problem to get H4 for my wife if I send a xerox copy of my passport with this remark on my visa?

Please help ASAP.

Thanks in Adv.

For all my expired visas, when I did stamping in mexico/chennai/st.louis, they got stamped 'canceled without prejudice'.

They are anyway expired, and I don't think it will cause any problems.

Just make sure you have your current I-94's copies sent to her, as I-94 says till what time you can stay legally in the country. Visa is just needed to be valid at the time of entry.

Also, you withdrew just because you needed original I-797.
I don't think original is needed, as original is supposed to stay with the employer. I used a lawyer-endorsed copy to suffice.

~*~*~*

Please verify with your lawyer, questions/concerns you have.
What I've mentioned here might be wrong.

Hi chulchi,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Actually, You are correct that original I-797 is not reqd. but it is correct for Chennai and not Mumbai. On Mumbai's site www.visa-services.com, they have specified that they need original.

Thanks again!

"Cancelled without prejudice" as the titles says is not a problem.

Have a bunch of them.:D

Going to Canada w/ "Cancelled w/o prejudice" visa?

I applied for a H1B visa revalidation in St. Louis, but it was rejected due to 221g (I'm a citizen of an SR country). And all the US visa stamps in my passport were stamped "Cancelled without prejudice".

Now, I just got a Canadian PR and I need to go to Canada to land (i.e. receive my PR). Normally, someone under an expired H1B visa stamp would be able to go to Canada as long as the visit is less than 30 days and he/she does not go to the US consulate to renew his/her visa stamp. Would this rule still hold when all the US visa stamps in the passport had the "Cancelled without prejudice" mark?

I know that applying for a new visa stamp while in canada is an option, but I'm still debating whether I should do that - There's always the risk where if the application is rejected, I'd need to go back to my home country and apply from there (I heard it may take up to 3 months in my home country to apply for an H1B visa).

Re: Going to Canada w/ "Cancelled w/o prejudice" visa?

Hi Ferdie,

In my case, it was not rejected but I had withdrawn it purposefully.

But, now I am not sure whether I can resend to St.Louis for re-validation or do I have to go to my country for it if you have 'Cancelled without Prejudice' stamp on the previous H1.

Please someone help to clarify this.

Thanks,

Ferdie H, where did you get your last H1 stamp from? when is your last admission to US? That might answer why you got 212(g).

Re: Re: Going to Canada w/ "Cancelled w/o prejudice" visa?

Sam,

The 'Cancelled without Prejudice' means exactly that. The visa sticker on which you have that stamp is no longer a valid visa. The consulate does this for visas that have expired. You would not use the expired visa to travel in any case, would you?

So you do not need to worry about that stamp. Having an expired visa stamped with the 'Cancelled without Prejudice' stamp has absolutely ZERO impact on where you can apply for revalidation. It has absolutely ZERO impact on your green-card process. When ever you apply for a visa, the consulate goes through your passport and will stamp all EXPIRED visas with the 'Cancelled without Prejudice' stamp. Its standard operating procedure. So relax.

I understand that you have atleast one valid and current visa in your passport right?

So, don't worry and do not read too much into the 'Cancelled without prejudice' stamp.

Originally posted by sshah1001
Hi Ferdie,

In my case, it was not rejected but I had withdrawn it purposefully.

But, now I am not sure whether I can resend to St.Louis for re-validation or do I have to go to my country for it if you have 'Cancelled without Prejudice' stamp on the previous H1.

Please someone help to clarify this.

Thanks,

Re: Re: Re: Going to Canada w/ "Cancelled w/o prejudice" visa?

Originally posted by global_goonda
Sam,

I understand that you have atleast one valid and current visa in your passport right?

Hi GG,

No, I have only valid I-797 (visa extension) and not stamping in my passport. That is the reason, I asked whether I can re-send my passport to St.Louis for re-validation.

Thanks,

Global,

>I understand that you have atleast one valid and current visa in your passport right?

When they stamp "Cancelled w/o prejudice", they stamp ALL expired visa (which in my case, all of them). I can't speak for sshah, but I assume that's what happened to his too.

blkwd74105,
I did my bachelor's in the US, so I was on F1 for a while (got stamped 2x in my home country). When on H1 I have to travel as a part of my previous jobs, so I had 2 visa stamps from Mexico.

Sam,

I think that as long as your I-94 is valid then you're fine and should not have any problems revalidating in St. Louis.

But please consult an experienced immigration lawyer before you take any action. Good luck on your revalidation and keep us posted.