Passport Renewal in home country after "Voluntary Departure"

If a person overstays a visa for less than a year, and returns to India from USA via a voluntary departure and paid for ticket by herself, what procedure does she have to do to get her passport renewed?

Can she be denied the renewal of passport on such grounds?

Is there any special legal documentation that is needed to be done in order to get the passport renewal?

Is this considered as a deportation/repatriation?

I have 3 stamps in passport:
1. Departure from India
2. Arrival at USA
3. Arrival upon returning to India
I-94 number is written but

There is "cancelled" written on the visa with a date and a number written on last page of passport with the date of cancellation.