Passport re-stamping Question

morgan60

Registered Users (C)
Anybody know how many days/month before the expiry of current stamp in the passport can one apply for re-stamping?. I got the passport stamped in April '04. Still waiting for physical GC. So it's time to visit INS office to get the stamping again. Please tell me if anyone knows about this. Thanks.

was told 1 month today

i got my passport stamped today, the officer said that if we don't get our cards one month before 1/6/2006, to take an appointment and go in for a new stamp.

morgan60, its strange that your physical card is taking such a long time. Perhaps a call to the officials will not do it any harm to speed up..

raminator said:
morgan60, its strange that your physical card is taking such a long time. Perhaps a call to the officials will not do it any harm to speed up..

morgan60, You definitely should set up an appointment with the INS officer to
1) get an extension stamp on your passport and 2) check the status of the physical card (during the appointment, they can look up the record in their computer and determine if at all a green card has been sent).

In my case, I filed a request for change of address after I got the stamp on my passport. For some mysterious reason, that change of address never took place in their computer. They sent the GC to me twice (to my old address) and the card were returned to INS at both times. The GC was destroyed. It was only when I made the appointment and find out what happened. The address was changed and a new card was requested during that appointment. I got my new GC within 2 months.