Passport in 3.5 hours!

wantmygcnow

Volunteer Moderator
Dropped by at the Washington D.C passport office this morning at 8am. Printed an Iternary last night..had me leaving on Dec 31st. No one was there when I got there. Got my new & crisp passport at 11:30am. less than 3 hours. WOW! Didn't get the passport card because I was sick of carrying a GC and didnt want to carry it. Now thinking I should've gotten it just for the fun of it ;)

Are you saying that you printed a bogus itinerary in order to get yourself in front of the queue for a passport, or am I misreading your post?

No I am saying that I printed a real Iternary to see my wife/son. I was originally scheduled to go dec 24th but rescheduled for 31st.

No I am saying that I printed a real Iternary to see my wife/son. I was originally scheduled to go dec 24th but rescheduled for 31st.

Wantmygcnow,

Great idea, the L street passport office can be efficient when you have proper documentation. Have a safe trip and no diapers allowed under your pants..:D

And if he did, so what. Pretty smart idea.

trialanderror83,

In another thread you said you are in the process of becoming Florida State Law Enforcement Officer. And you approve of using bogus iternary for this purpose?? (I know OP didn't use any bogus iternary)

I am sure they verify the travel or why would they take the iternary? Plus you are paying 60 or so extra dollars & you Get what you pay for.

trialanderror83,

In another thread you said you are in the process of becoming Florida State Law Enforcement Officer. And you approve of using bogus iternary for this purpose?? (I know OP didn't use any bogus iternary)

Is there something wrong in using web based itinerary? He is paying $70 extra for that service.

And if he did, so what. Pretty smart idea.

Your smart would be my dishonest and my cheating ;) I've been around, in many places if a traffic light is broken you can be pretty sure that the intersection is going to be a mess of people who try to be "smart" and cross it ahead of others. At least in most of the US if a traffic light is broken, people take turns to cross the intersection and things run more smooth. The only way of having an honor system is to have honor. I disagree that printing a bogus itinerary is a smart idea. I am not trying to be holier than the rest of people, just trying to point the finger on how easily an honor system can disappear when people abuse it. I dislike bureaucracy a lot, the best way of having less bureaucracy is to be more law abiding and honorable.

My 2 cents.

Is there something wrong in using web based itinerary? He is paying $70 extra for that service.

There is nothing wrong with using an itinerary printed out from a website. "wantmygcnow" used a real and printed-out itinerary. But using a bogus (fake) itinerary is another issue. What "SEA400" opposes here is the later one.

I am just wondering how some folks make this place boring. In some point we all do something that some other might not like and as they say mine does not stink less than yours so pointing it out does not make one better or more honest than other so get over with it and concentrate in the subject. Passport 3.5 hours! It is possible.

trialanderror83,

It was a joke! And I am a Florida State Certified Law Enforcement Officer, and a EMT. I am not in the process of becoming one.

Last edited by a moderator:
can i take appiont based on ticket beign blocked..not bought it yet for setting up the appt for passport.

Your smart would be my dishonest and my cheating ;) I've been around, in many places if a traffic light is broken you can be pretty sure that the intersection is going to be a mess of people who try to be "smart" and cross it ahead of others. At least in most of the US if a traffic light is broken, people take turns to cross the intersection and things run more smooth. The only way of having an honor system is to have honor. I disagree that printing a bogus itinerary is a smart idea. I am not trying to be holier than the rest of people, just trying to point the finger on how easily an honor system can disappear when people abuse it. I dislike bureaucracy a lot, the best way of having less bureaucracy is to be more law abiding and honorable.

My 2 cents.

Noted!

I am just wondering how some folks make this place boring. In some point we all do something that some other might not like and as they say mine does not stink less than yours so pointing it out does not make one better or more honest than other so get over with it and concentrate in the subject. Passport 3.5 hours! It is possible.

Wish someone else had tried this before I tried it...I would've been spending NEW years with my family. NOw I have to spend new years on the plan ;)...

My 2 cents.

Actually now if I remember I saw lots of people who didn't have iternarires. Some came with passports in a wash or in one case dog chewed it out.

You can show up without travel plans and they do their best to meet your needs. Remember you are paying extra fees and also taking off work so I don't think it's wrong if u came without an iternary.

Wish someone else had tried this before I tried it...I would've been spending NEW years with my family. NOw I have to spend new years on the plan ;)...

I was refering to folks who are assuming that you had fake ticket for the purpose of obtaining passport buddy. your post was informative and comment like this or investigation about it makes it boring and hijackes the subject and takes it to no where. Thank you for sharing.
Also Anytime you see your family is new year, I hope you enjoy it and I am sure you will. Have a safe trip