Passport Expiring - TN visa

vik433

My canadian passport is expiring soon but TN stamp is still valid for another year or so. If i renew my passport, do i have to get new TN stamp ?

Canadian citizens don't get US nonimmigrant visas, like TN visas. The only "stamp" that you might be talking about is an entry stamp, i.e. an ink stamp that says when you entered and what status you were admitted on. It's basically a duplicate of the information on your I-94. You cannot get the entry stamp on another passport while staying inside the US (even if you lose the original passport), and you don't need to because the entry stamp is just for your convenience -- it's the I-94 that is authoritative. You just print out your I-94 and keep it with your new passport. The next time you leave and re-enter the US, you will do it on your new passport, and if they give you an entry stamp it will be on your new passport.

(p.s. I am surprised that you got an I-94 at entry that is valid for longer than your passport. CBP is required to limit the expiration of the I-94 granted at entry to no later than the passport's expiration.)